Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Experiences with Gt3 fenders on 997.1 turbo

Emiel1979

Im having my front resprayed this winter before putting protection film on it.

Now im considering putting Gt3 fenders on my turbo before respraying my front.

Does any body have any experience with this. Does anybody know If the one from 911design fits nicely?

Or am I better of sticking to the turbo design. I dont want it to look like a cheap Gt3 look a like.

Any advise is welcome.

Attachments

• 4e5ea8a9_6ee7_4528_b67c_429845e24df9_584.png
    4e5ea8a9_6ee7_4528_b67c_429845e24df9_584.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 490
It wouldn't be something I'd do personally, it looks good on the car it was designed for but a bit boy racer on other cars.
The 997 turbo look great without tacky bit stuck onto it.

End of the day it's your car and if it's what you want do it.

Emiel1979 said:
......... I dont want it to look like a cheap Gt3 look a like.

Don't do it then. :wink:

997 never had the 991 GT3 RS style front wings like that.

Have a look at OEM 997 GT3 (RS) and 997 GT2 front and rear pu and rear decklids. Look amazing on a turbo IMO.

All you really need for that more aggressive stance is a quality set of wheels with 9 and 12 inch widths so you can run larger 245 and 325 GT2 RS size rubber. Pics of mine with just wheels and then later with GT2 aero on links below. Its nice to have your own take on your 911. Lots of possibilities with a 997 turbo. The other option I thought about was sending to Ruf for RT12 R upgrade. Love these too they're stunning. Thats a 4.0 RS decklid its running.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=48&t=1448273&i=20

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=150617&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/ruf-rt12-r-drive/

Did the 997 GT2RS not have a wider front wing? They do definitely have the strips along the front wheel arch. Fits larger wheels and does look much more aggressive. You'll need a GT2RS front bumper liner too.

Carbonfibre front wings with moulded wheel arch extensions were an option on the 997 GT2 RS for ROW market and were standard fit on UK C16 cars. The bonnet was satin carbon fibre too as were the side intakes. On ROW 997 GT2 RS you'd get ordinary steel wings like any 997 and Porsche used plastic wheel arch extension like on the 997 GT3 RS unless you specced the carbon front wings.

I looked at both these and the CF bonnet but a little pointless on a 1600 kg turbo. Its difficult to replicate the weight saving a GT2 (RS) has without also removing the rear quarter panels which are hollow on GT2 (RS) and also the rear sub frame which is aluminium on GT2 (RS). Proper piece of track kit the GT2 and GT2 RS.

If you are serious about performance then do it. The vents reduce lift by quite a substantial amount at the front.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back