Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 C2S Braking and Upgrade Routes?

crlincoln

Trainee
During my first 911 track day at Goodwood earlier this month, I felt some brake juddering/vibrations when slowing down from +130Mph for Woodcote and some of the other larger braking areas... Also I don't recall getting this at under more normal or spirited driving conditions on the queens highways... Obviously was pushing considerably harder on the track..

Having done some reading, I am presuming this could be caused by un-even wear on discs or pads.

So I know I can look at skimming disks or just replacing as an option, unless there's any other views/opinions?

One other question I have is what are the upgrade routes for brakes for road and the occasional track use or what are people's experience? Bigger lead lined shoes? or Brembo/Giro/DesignTek...

For normal and spirited use I find the brakes fine, I just like the ability to stop quickly....

thanks

My turbo OEM discs developed a slight vibration after repeated spirited (road only) use and this showed up at those sort of speeds.

But, it took 14,000 miles of hard driving and that's pretty good life in my book. Luckily co-incided with new front pads (almost) being needed, and cracks between holes were at the 4-5mm limit as well.

Unlike almost every other car I've owned (E36 and E46 M3s in particular), the standard brakes seem to do the job, albeit that they will war and/or crack eventually.

Have replaced with standard Porsche discs/pads - first car where I haven't bothered tinkering as I probably only do one track day a year.

However, I'm sure you'll get a lot of suggestions.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back