Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Fairytale - There Once Was An Ugly Duckling

You took a risk but I think you've come out on top. And yes it looks far better without those stripes. 8)

What a great car you have now and damn it looks so much better without the dodge viper stripes :lol:

Lovely car OP. Where did you find the original car advertised? This is the route I'm hoping to take (possibly with a Hartech 3.9 rebuild) but it will take me a while to find the base car I imagine.

Thats come out really well and as already stated you would pay that and more for an ave non rebuilt 997.1 so to have the hartech engine and lots of other bits plus the paint tidied for 25k is a great outcome, and the perfect journey into safe 997 ownership thats often described in threads on here and other Porsche groups . excellent job and well worth the time and cost . and what else was there to do in 2020 anyway lol. :thumb:

cottlad said:
I thought I'd update my buying journey and after the recent 'Should I Buy And Rebuild' thread, give some real life pointers to those debating what to do.

Nice one :thumbs: and car looks great. Especially with the stripes removed.

Just goes to prove that you could easily have paid several £k more for the base car and still be quids in, even with a car that needed far more doing than was expected :thumb:

Good story, well done. Now you know what you have under you, nothing left to do but get out and ENJOY... :thumb:

AyBee said:
Lovely car OP. Where did you find the original car advertised? This is the route I'm hoping to take (possibly with a Hartech 3.9 rebuild) but it will take me a while to find the base car I imagine.
It was on Autotrader. But it wasn't advertised as needing a rebuild..... We sort of found that out on the test drive and inspection although the seller WAS aware. Beware

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back