Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 metropole blue interior

Kilsoj

Trainee
Hi folks looking for some insight/ opinions etc

My 996t has a metropole blue interior, and I was thinking of replacing some of the interior parts with carbon fibre - has anyone got pictures of a metropole blue interior with carbon fibre either black or silver.

Second part is I have a set of gt3 seats I want to fit. They are black nomex, have had them a few years and never got around to it. Thoughts on how they might look with the rest in metropole? Should I get the inserts redone in metropole? The whole seat retrimmed?

Thanks in advance

I fitted a cloth (don't think it was anything as glamorous as Nomex, but maybe) Recaro SPG to my Metrepol blue interior, then had it retrimmed in Porsche style leather when I had heating elements fitted- plenty of pictures in my thread (link below), I also had the seat backs and the centre console painter Arctic silver (body colour).

Jonttt is your 'go to' man for this - Mr Carbonique :thumb:

He's tried everything to disguise the Moody Blue to the point he very nearly took on Suicide Savannah :what:

I had a metropole interior and grew to like it. The problem with 996 interiors is they can be a bit all or nothing. It does help to break them up a bit and make them two tone.

If fitting black seats I'd be tempted to leave them black and get a black wheel (and airbag) and black floor mats - or something. Strike a balance but keep plenty of the original. If retrimming the centre cushion personally I'd look at a blue check cloth (but that is very personal).

I had my centre console painted in body colour (seal grey). think it breaks up the darker interior nicely.

263F1C70-FAAE-4D65-8DFB-A1F6DA27B44C by Nick Goodess, on Flickr

I also had the seat backs done at the same time, the sports seats were purchased from Mistercorn. Really happy with the results.

D5647508-939B-4187-950E-927B6CF39205 by Nick Goodess, on FlickrFD82E20D-15A1-4186-A758-C01C6F97FDB6 by Nick Goodess, on Flickr1B64BA6A-9ACB-410F-BB44-7F1C0EE3B301 by Nick Goodess, on Flickr

I appreciate your buckets won't be the same but hopefully this gives you an idea of what you want?

Zingari said:
Jonttt is your 'go to' man for this - Mr Carbonique :thumb:

He's tried everything to disguise the Moody Blue to the point he very nearly took on Suicide Savannah :what:

:cloud9:

S3lzp41.jpg

asMYUwA.jpg

Thanks folks - all a brilliant help. I really like the metropole blue interior - but I really want to fit the gt3 seats, so thought the carbon fibre might help break it up. Someone messaged to say as my car is silver that silver carbon might look well but I'm not sure.

I have thought about going blue tartan on the inserts as well, and definitely something I will look at again.

I currently have the sports seats with the backs painted body colour - but just fancied a change - might regret it completely

Kilsoj said:
I have thought about going blue tartan on the inserts as well, and definitely something I will look at again.

Did someone mention tartan 8)
qKMtstNg.jpg

@zingari - I like that a lot looks great - where did you get that done?

Thanks

Kilsoj said:

Thanks

Yes Zingari, where did you get it done :grin:

^All the controls are black, the leather is Metrepol blue (standard hardback on the passenger side, Recaro SPG on the drivers side. All carpet removed and replaced with charcoal Alcantara.

624e3bdb1979eb7ee1bd34f24adacf50d4156d56.jpeg

Kilsoj said:

Thanks

The covers came via a chum who got them originally from Garry at Classic FX. Original pattern Porsche cloth :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back