Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Drivers window sticking when closing door

Double post :oops:

Surprised to not see any mention of the door reg being sh4gged? Am I missing something here?! The reg stretches over time and then when the micro switch tells it to drop the small movement by the motor is taken up by the slackness in the reg.

That's what happened to my drivers side, replaced reg and problem went. Now the other side is doing it despite me changing that side too.

Mr deMort fears I shouldn't have used non OEM regs :evil:

Not to say that the micro switches don't cause issues too. If the inner and outer door handles make the window want to move when you're opening it... points to regs non?!

So now I can open it, but when it comes to shorting it, it's not dropped far enough to clear the seal.

Temporary work around is to open the car with the fob holding the button so the windows drop a touch. Then have the dodgy window/s a touch down as you exit the car and then repeat process to close.

That said, there was mention of the alarm sounding to say there was an issue which doesn't happen if it's regs.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back