Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 C4S Cab - window seal fell off

horacethefrog

Hi all, I'm wondering if any of you learned folk have experienced the same issue with the cabriolet roof that I have. I closed the roof and noticed that one of the two segments sealing against the door window was not sitting correctly. So I reopened the roof and it was dangling as in the attached photo. On closer inspection I found that one of the two Torx bolts attaching it to the roof frame had unscrewed itself and the other was very loose. I then found that both bolts on the opposite side of the car were also very loose. The obvious thing to do to fix the problem is to do them up properly but I notice that the holes in the roof frame through which they pass are significantly larger in diameter than the bolts themselves so, depending on how the piece is positioned when the bolts are tightened, there is considerable latitude as to how it is finally positioned. Is it possible that the bolts are meant to be loose so as to allow the piece to align itself with the window and seal correctly? But then it's no wonder the bolt fell out as vibration makes that a certainty. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Attachments

• pxl_20230630_135842323_354.jpg
    pxl_20230630_135842323_354.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 198

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back