Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 C4S sill cover removal - question

Kersidan

Spa-Francorchamps
Aplogies if this has been covered before (I'm sure it has). I seem to remember a thread about this but can't find it.

I want to removed the 'under car' plastic sill covers to investigate/clean and sort any possible rust as I hear that this can be a problem.

As far is I know the under car sill covers (black) are plastic and to remove them requires the screws x 2 in the front and rear wheel arches to be removed and there are a number (x4?) plastic screws along the length of the sill under the car that need to be removed. Then the sill should just pull off? Am I correct or is there any other hidden fixings/adhesives used to secure them?

Thanks in advance.

Ive just recently changed the NS sill. The sill was all brittle/cracked on my 2003 C4S, so bought new sill (comes with rear trim bit) & brackets & rubbers sleeves & clips. All screws to remove were so obvious with both front & rear wheels off. Took about 10 mins to get off, and about 30 mins to get new one on. There are several rubber sleeves & they were a oain, as they kept falling into the main sill.

RussB said:
Ive just recently changed the NS sill. The sill was all brittle/cracked on my 2003 C4S, so bought new sill (comes with rear trim bit) & brackets & rubbers sleeves & clips. All screws to remove were so obvious with both front & rear wheels off. Took about 10 mins to get off, and about 30 mins to get new one on. There are several rubber sleeves & they were a oain, as they kept falling into the main sill.

Thanks for confirming, that's what I thought. I'll probably try and remove them this weekend as the car is going on its winter holiday to the MIL's dry warm garage. :D

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back