Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Wing Mirrors Stolen. Again.

What about renting a secure Garage it might be a hassle but at least you would sleep a lot easier.

AG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29140

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Algray on 26 May 2005
What about renting a secure Garage it might be a hassle but at least you would sleep a lot easier.

AG

In London? Sadly I doubt I can afford it...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29143

I would be very reluctant to replace them at the moment until I could find a way of securing the mirrors. I believe RUF does a upgrade to the 993 mirrors if you can call it an upgade, I believe the RUF design is attached differently might even be a bit more secure, worth looking into.

AG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29144

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Algray on 26 May 2005
I would be very reluctant to replace them at the moment until I could find a way of securing the mirrors. I believe RUF does a upgrade to the 993 mirrors if you can call it an upgade, I believe the RUF design is attached differently might even be a bit more secure, worth looking into.

AG

That sounds interesting - who are RUF? Do you have any more information? Thanks for the tip.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29145

I forgot to say click on "RUFModel" and then you will see all the products they do for the 993.

AG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29148

Oh I see - it fits into the window 996-style. I think that would look weird on my non aero-kitted Targa, to say nothing of the fill and respray. Good suggestion though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29150

B*st*rds!

Is there any way you can make them less attarctive, Paint them a unique colour combo that a simple respray wont cover maybe? Perhaps the cost of an expensive respray might deter them?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29165

I had my mirrors stolen. I have a 993 turbo. Insurance company said there were 6 such reported incidents in the area in the last 3 months. it was a pro job as there was no other damage. i was truly gutted. that it should happen and that nothing can be done. porsche west london are so crap it took them 6 weeks to get the mirrors sorted and replaced. now im not sure where to park the car and decided its more hassle so willl probably sell and drive my husbands. what about all these cctv cameras that are everywhere in london- if you ask a cop to look at the footage of any of these youd get no reply notwithstanding our monies pay to have them put there in the first place. and some of these cameras would have the answer to who takes these mirrors. but wire up the mirrors to the battery to give the thievingbastards a nasty surprise and the same copper'll be runninmg that tape and have you down the nick before you can say hawai five-o. the sh*tters. what sort of city do we live in??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76240

Well Yasmin, as we all know, speed kills. Stealing mirrors doesn't. Unless of course the stealer is caught in the act by the stealee, so your chances of seeing Den Gamla Wilhelm or Le Vieux Guillaume are zero, nada, zilch. This is Ken Gestion's London, so perhaps it is time to leave it to the scum and head for greener pastures.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76255

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Yasmin on 25 September 2006
And the mirrors cost 900 quid! Not worth an Insurance claim!

Next time go to Paragon in Tunbridge Wells. You can also get them alarmed but you will need to do this through Porsche. AFN are an outrageous rip-off unfortunately.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76256

Sorry to hear that Yasmin! You forgot to mention all the council tax you have to pay to red Ken.

We are quite good at rants on here - you at least you have made a very popular entrance!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76265

hey I am now a member of the stolen 993 Targa wing mirrors gang from NW London. I reported to the police and I hope you all have also. I will try and get them to investigate as it obviously an organised repeat affair.

very annoying. I'm leaving London in 1 month so will wait to get replaced, what's the cheapest anyone has found for 2 new mirrors + labour + VAT (adding insult to injury I have to pay Gordon Brown for the thievery !)

Phil

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120076

There is some tw4ts around!

Sorry to hear of this, i know it's a different car brand but my brother got his M3 mirrors stolen, at the time i did some research and there was a craze of putting M3 mirrors on MK2 Golf Gti's! As is adding Audi tt parts and Porsche parts.

I've seen them with Porsche steering wheels, badges, alloys etc so maybe an oulet for such things.

Maybe try looking at ebay to see if anyone is selling your mirrors and notify police.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120124

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back