Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 engine oil leak - advice needed

carkid

Sao Paulo
I have a minor oil leak here:

Has anyone recently had a similar oil leak rectified- if so what did it involve and roughly how much was the cost??

Any info much appreciated-
[/list]

Odd location, although as a 964 owner I'm not sure I'd count that as leaking!

I imagine you'd be told it's an engine out job to get the chain case off at a minimum, so that's a chunk of labour there already unless you can drop the engine yourself.

I'm not sure what the book time is for engine in/out.

I have a similar leak on my 993, caused very slight weeping between the head and the block on cylinder 1.

If you take off the cooling fan air duct (plastic bit on top of the fan shroud) and get a torch in there you should see a slight ooze between the head/block.

Worth taking the fan/alternator out for a really good look and clean, run for a while then check again, this should help confirm the source.

If it’s this and it’s only slight don’t worry about it, not worth a head rebuild.

Hi

I agree with the previous advice. If that is your biggest oil leak then truly you are blessed.

Berni

These are leaky engines I've heard even fully rebuilt ones spring leaks some years down the line - this looks so minor I wouldn't worry.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back