Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 C2S £85k the bar keeps rising

The cool the handbrake when you forget to take it off whilst driving :thumb:

I believe you can store cups in them :dont know:

GT4 said:
I believe you can store cups in them :dont know:

Jonttttttttttttttt - we've just found a use for your surplus cup holder :thumb:

Ahhhhh, you are assuming its still surplus........ its on my classic chopper :thumb:

highway said:
I think those side intakes look fantastic. Far more discreet and subtle than the later 996 style intakes. I'd rather see those than the outsize rear spoiler. To each their own.

I absolutely love it. Interior 'n all....

Chris W - a long long long (long) time ago, you looked at a high mileage silver C4s with X79. On the market for mid £20's circa 2003....?
Tell me I'm wrong....

jonttt said:
Ahhhhh, you are assuming its still surplus........ its on my classic chopper :thumb:

When you say "Chopper", do you mean the aptly named Raleigh bike?

I assume the cup holders are to catch your bollox once the Sturmney Archer selector has done its worst?

GT4 said:
jonttt said:

I assume the cup holders are to catch your bollox once the Sturmney Archer selector has done its worst?

That's the one, they are better than money in the bank, rising assets especially with cup holder :)

My post re: 996, 997 and 991 WAS the comparison of the later functional Turbo holes to the unfunctional 993 (technically Turbo S for 993).

They are just styling (although to my eye, punching holes in one of the most beautiful designs to come out of Stuttgart is a long way from "stylish").

The wheel arch liners aren't even changed from standard WB (ie unvented), so they don't even vaguely blow air into the wheel arches for brake cooling (although even if they did, they would have zero affect at low speed and, due to their position above the wheel level, little at high speed other than unhelpfullly adding lift to the rear).

As a say, an odd and pointless exception from Porsche's normal adherence to form following function.

When I say pointless, the marketing dept saw some point in leveraging the halo association (and implied mechanics, even though they are quite different under the skin), to this:

Porsche_959_silver_at_Auto_Salon_Singen.jpg

But in the 959 they do actually do something (the same thing as 996 onwards):

tumblr_m6inmaR3cm1rz99jgo4_1280.jpg

Whenever I look at a 959 ....... the similarity to the 993 just jumps out at one ....... I think Porsche knew quite early on which way the shape of the 911 would develop ....... :?:

madalaa said:
Whenever I look at a 959 ....... the similarity to the 993 just jumps out at one ....... I think Porsche knew quite early on which way the shape of the 911 would develop ....... :?:

Wasn't this the development car for the 964 :grin:

Heavens knows why they didn't take on that shape ....... not that I have anything against the looks of the 964 ....... but it sure as hell would been a leap ....... perhaps too big of a leap into the unknown.

But saying that I think all Porsche fans would agree the 959 was an absolute super car for its time both in looks and performance so if Porsche had produced the next generation of 911 looking more like the 959/993 would they have found any resistance from 911 buyers ........ personally I think not.

:dont know:

Cost.

Even the 993 had a choice over mechanical, exterior and interior upgrades.

A new interior, although designed, was never put into production.

madalaa said:
Whenever I look at a 959 ....... the similarity to the 993 just jumps out at one ..

Me too. When we saw one on the Autobahn I was getting exited at seeing another 993, then I realised what it was and got Vicki to grab the camera!
:oops:

GT4 said:
jonttt said:

had to get one.must say i got the same buzz riding this as i did when i got the 993.i ride it more then him.

Attachments

• wp_002698_large_891.jpg
    wp_002698_large_891.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 1,704
  • wp_002705_large_144.jpg
    wp_002705_large_144.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 1,704

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members