Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C2S Tip - Good Deal for Someone ?

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1996-porsche-911-993-carrera-2s

I watched this auction go through last night with interest.

Up on mileage, bit of a marmite colour, no hardbacks but spit grill included in the sale, decent history on the face of it, £42.5k including the premium.

Makes the other 6 C2S tippers on Autotrader at between £70-80k look a bit toppy ??

I'd love one to go with my 997 and tip is my preference but starting the feel there's a bigger price difference between manual and tip than showing in the adverts ?

I'm sort of pleased I have seen this after it has ended as highly tempting at the price. Wing on eBay and the class 3 front plate mount sorted. Great value. Manual would have been £10k more.

I'm waiting for Jonttt to tell us this car was a 'turd rolled in glitter' for selling at such a cheap price :floor:

The check strap repair looks like Stevie Wonder took the job on :what:

It's not far off where I'd have pitched it (albeit lower) :bandit:

Agree on the marmite colour and Classic Grey with Comfort Seats is probably the least desirable interior combo along with Blue.
Taking into account it needs a few bits tidying, Caliper Refurb and Air-Con not working which could be quite expensive... I'd say it's about right at the sale price for a Tip. You could easily chuck £10k+ at that and still be nowhere near finished if the chassis legs need sorting, suspension needs refreshing etc.

All IMO of course...

C.

When I bought my 993 C4 14 years ago the same dealer (Strasse) had a red 993C2S which had done circa 115k miles on it for the same price which was £28 000.

I sometimes wonder if I should have got the 2S instead seeing how the wide body values have risen (but cannot complain as my C4 has increased too).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back