Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 C2S Convertible Standard Seats - Advice / Views Welcomed

amcrossan

So - in Summer 2018, I ordered a 992 Convertible, spec'ed in early-ish 2019, delivered in late May 2019. I optioned about £12K of the usual - Bose, Wheels, Chrono, Sports Exhaust. I went for standard seats with heating and ventilation. Having had a 996 Gen 1 and a 997 Gen 2 with these seats, previously, I had been very happy with them. Obviously, there was no ability to test drive the car before order, spec'ing or delivery - as the 992 had not gone into production.

The car arrived and the seats are awful. There is absolutely no lumbar support and they appear much thinner than those in the 997 / 991. I have asked the dealer to price both full electric standard and sports seats (which have some form of electrical lumbar) and/or a square metre of the crayon leather - from which I would have a removable bolster professionally made. The dealer has come back to say that "Germany says no" on all counts. Professionally, I am a commercial litigator and it is clear what they are attempting to do / avoid. At this point, my actual preference would be a professionally made, bespoke bolster cushion that would be easily removed come resale.

Any thoughts on any of the above - seats, where to source some compatible leather and someone to measure and make (I am near Guildford) - please?

Attachments

• 992_seat_207.jpg
    992_seat_207.jpg
    707.7 KB · Views: 3,916

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back