Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 turbo emergency engine release

Mat2465

Hi all
i have a 2013 911 turbo. I think the latch has come loose as when I pull the button to release the engine cover all the noises are made but it does not release
is there another way of opening or an emergency release tool as I am not unable to open the engine compartment.
thank you in advance
mat

hiya
not simple

details from USA site https://rennlist.com/forums/991/863573-help-engine-lid-doesn-t-open.html

Try the emergency release in the frunk (front) first. It should operate both front and rear latches. If this does not work
try this:

The emergency release cable is under the two black covers above the drivers (they quotes passenger, so it will be drivers side for us) tail light. Lift your spoiler, remove the covers and you will see the cable.
- Try grabbing the cable with some suitable pliers and pull it towards the outside of the car.
- As long as you can see the cable 9which is the key) then use anything even a hanger to hook on the cable to get a slight tug and opened the hood.

After trying this, the latch would still not release for me so the dealer replaced the entire latch, but they add to remove back bumper to get to the faulty latch.

I can’t see anything at all from the underside of the car.
With it being a turbo with fixed wing I can’t get the bumper off either

Trip to a suitable Garage will be required.
Let us know how you get on 🙏🏻

Reading up on this the 991.1 do seem to suffer from issues with the rear engine lid latch actuator.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back