Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 C2S/C4S Front discs and pad cost and options

Thanks for all the input - I appreciate this sort of thing has done the rounds on many forums! My original post was in part to give an up to date picture of prices as well as views.

I'm not going into that rabbit hole of OEM vs. Porsche Genuine parts (never contemplated non-OEM). I believe in some cases they are the same thing, but not always (and by the way I managed to determine that the indy supplied parts I referred to were genuine). When you cost Brembo branded discs for example, yes they are cheaper but the more you look into it the best are still quite pricey.

I have decided to go full OPC on the brakes and get the history to go with it.

All things being considered it's not worth any risk to me for a saving on something that will pale into significance in terms of cost on something that has a long life. The law of sod says my discs will warp or something and I might regret penny pinching - or more accurately sucking up an inflated price :roll:

Didn't go into this thinking it would be cheap :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeilHarbidge
Back