Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 newbie says hello...... Pics added!!

I was going to say fire extinquisher also.

But anyway massive congrats it looks absolutely stunning :thumb:

Looks awesome! Enjoy :thumb:

Hi all,

2 months and 2K miles of ownership and thought I would just post a quick update....

Still absolutely loving the car in every way (no surprise there) .... Points to mention...

1. The seats are just so comfy, most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. In my 'old' Audi RS6 I used to get a numb left leg on long drives, but not in these seats, I think because they are low to the ground so less pressure on the thigh..

2. PDK is awesome BUT for me has to be used in manual mode as in auto it just changes up way too quick, and it's a bit jerky in 3rd gear. Engine has to be kept high revs. Anything below 2K and it just really isn't happy. At first I cringed a bit keeping it high, but now I am used to it and its just how it's got to be (IMHO)....

3. I find the road holding and damping great, firm but fine on 99% of roads. I have found on some very rough roads it is a bit crashy. Maybe the DSC module would fix this, but I am just paranoid about keeping it all standard for the warranty?!...

4. The Brakes are brilliant, worth getting ceramics just so you don't have to wash the wheels :). They did go through a phase of squeeling, but this seems to have gone away?!?!

Q - Is there a preferred 'northern' dealer that people use for servicing? I had my battery changed at Leeds and wasn't overly impressed and have since heard a horror story from a friend who had a terrible experience with his 930 Turbo there... Anyone used Kendal Porsche ???

Cheers,
Lig.

1093129273_o.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back