Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 clutch feel/action

shatnersbassoon

Hi All,

New to the forum and Porsche ownership having just picked up my first 911.1. A 2012 C2S with a ducktail, manual gearbox.
Previously had an F-Type R and loving the 911 so far.

I made the mistake of driving a couple of PDK versions before finding the manual, and fell in love with it so didn't actually get the chance to drive another manual.
This one fit the bill in terms of spec and condition, had a full Porsche service history and seems to have been well cared for.

I do have a question about the feel of the clutch pedal though.
When releasing the pedal, it feels like there is a section just before taking my foot off the pedal where the feel changes. It's kind of difficult to describe, but feels like the pressure changes.
The biting point is well below this, and the clutch engagement itself feels fine.

I suppose my question is; should the clutch on these be totally linear feeling? Or do I have an issue that I should get the supplying dealer to investigate.

Thanks,
Matt

hiya Matt welcome to the site
I might know what you mean from direct experience, where the top third/quarter of my clutch pedal seems to require more pressure and doesn't have a linear feel, which I feel is more of issue when coming off the pedal verses pressing down

beyond that the biting point and clutch are completely fine, for reference my car has 87k on the clock
I dont know what a dealer could do, as ultimately it's a pedal box issue and pedal boxes typically last for decades without issue

Wait till the next service or if is having any work for someone to look at the issue, but same issue i have, it's very hard to describe because it's not an issue on a short term drive rather with miles built up

look forward to see pics of your car (y) the manual was the better choice 🙏

Thanks for the info, glad it's not just me. I was starting to wonder if I was imagining it!
Everything else does feel fine. It's a heavy clutch pedal which I was expecting, but that that odd feeling when coming off the pedal had me wondering.

Here she is. Only had it for a few days and haven't had a chance to get some decent pics with the recent weather, so this is a pic from the dealer ad!

5c4801f413114960b50754533dce3a53.jpg

hiya Matt welcome to the site
I might know what you mean from direct experience, where the top third/quarter of my clutch pedal seems to require more pressure and doesn't have a linear feel, which I feel is more of issue when coming off the pedal verses pressing down

beyond that the biting point and clutch are completely fine, for reference my car has 87k on the clock
I dont know what a dealer could do, as ultimately it's a pedal box issue and pedal boxes typically last for decades without issue

Wait till the next service or if is having any work for someone to look at the issue, but same issue i have, it's very hard to describe because it's not an issue on a short term drive rather with miles built up

look forward to see pics of your car (y) the manual was the better choice 🙏
Out of interest, did yours get worse over time, or did just stay the same and you learned to live with it?

Out of interest, did yours get worse over time, or did just stay the same and you learned to live with it?
it sort of just appeared, so for the time being just living with it, as it's not really an issue except in low speed traffic when it is more apparent but it's fine, hasn't worsened, just that pressure change

glad you asked on the forum @shatnersbassoon otherwise I would never have realised it's not just me, I love the manual gearbox, best choice (y)

Been a while since I've had a manual sports car.
Loving it so far, though I'm a bit out of practice!

If I find out any more info on what the issue is, I'll let you know.

with the exception of a 911 RS with their PDK boxes, I have never got on with any automatic box in any Porsche sports car
the PDK is a good box but it's just not me :ROFLMAO::ninja:😎

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back