Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 prices

stichill99

Sao Paulo
Where do people think the trade is about for 964's just now? One C4 for sale on here with 65000miles but it seems like a strong price being asked at £77000? Looking at past sales on collecting cars seems like a few coupes in the £50's all the way up to £93000 for a 28000 mile example.
Their looked a nice blue rs n/gt replica that went for £63000. Anybody know where things are going :?:

The spread based on mileage surprises me.

I think based on condition and maintenance history there would be quite a spread more so than mileage but what do I know. Also prices liquidity driven maybe, as there isn't much buying choice out there.

Ultimately you pay what you're prepared to pay for what you want I suppose.

£50k and up, with no ceiling seems the way at the moment. My high miler C4 just got valued for Insurance at £72k, based mainly on how hard it would be to replace.

Ignore mileage as a significant valuation factor in pricing 964s - it's all about the condition. Buyers of 964 are not afraid to use them and modify them piling on mileage that would see the 993 buyer/owner seeking refuge in an iron lung at the local A&E Dept.

Whilst the 993 has a following the once ugly duckling 964 has risen to the top of the pile and not helped by Singer buying up the rougher examples.

C2 will fetch strong money especially if sub 70k miles, but the C4 is a peach. Turd cars will be sub £60k nowadays.

Big difference between trade and retail, I'd expect a £5k-£10k spread but wouldn't be surprised if its wider if work is needed to prep the car for sale.

At the last count 2yrs ago my old 133k+ miles Jubi sold for 6 figures :eek:

Hi, Perosh here, I`m actually the seller of the C4 (Satin Black) at £77,000 and just dropped the price to £69,400. My mileage is actually lower than 65k but I thought it might be 65k by the time I sell it. However it would be great if I could actually increase it to....... 649000 miles since all the numbers would then line up nicely. eg: someone can say they bought a 964 for with 64.9k miles for £69.4k . Surely that must be worth a premium... no ? It would be great if I could achieve this. Always been a numbers man.
Price is generally all about supply and demand and of course colour, condition etc..etc. If for example Lamorghini had and still manufactured a very similar
Miura in massive quantities, their prices would be cheap as chips.
I attended Simply Porsche last week and out of the almost 500 cars counted only about 10 964s. I suppose people are garaging them or there is a shortage.
Last year before I decided on my estimated price, I studied the market and again found very very few 964 coupe`s for sale and that is why I added a small premium to the selling price which I have now removed.. hence the £69.4 k price. Prices could start dropping for a host of reasons including the state of the global economy etc, etc. I can`t think of anything else to say at the moment except if you want a really clean , genuine , Satin black 964 irrespective of cost, contact me. Regards: Perosh P.S. I don`t visit this site daily ,so may not see any of your comments for a week or so.

Attachments

• pic_23_201.jpg
    pic_23_201.jpg
    689.6 KB · Views: 1,118

I am keeping my eye on a stone grey 964 C4 on collecting cars auction. It has had a full baremetal body restoration and engine rebuild in the last 2 years with 96k on the clock. Looks nice in grey! :thumb:

964 targa

Baltic blue Targa with 108'000miles sold tonight for £48780 inclusive of fee's. Good mot history and had work you would want. What does this make a similar coupe worth?

So a resprayed 964 C2 in rubystone sold last night for £54k plus 7.2% fees. Car had a recent bare metal respray,engine rebuild and a southbound trimmers retrimmed interior! Compared to what dealers are asking for the same that price seems pretty reasonable!
Car at AMS that has been on sale for ages looks rough paintwork in their video and has failed an mot for severe corrosion but has been repaired up at £69k!
Bit of a minefield looking for one just now :dont know:

And that stone grey 964 C4 you mentioned on Collecting Cars bid up to £91k

c4

That grey one was mad! The one in the classifieds on here at £69400 looks like a steal at £69400 and it is not selling. Only 64000miles and 22years ownership compared to the grey on cc

Hi All, I have offered to help a bereaved elderly lady sell her late husbands pride and joy White, sunroof 1991 964 (Lhd) owned for over 20 years here in UK (South). It is immaculate inside and out. Has 149k KM and has been sericed with JZM Steve will know the car if you want to check.
Has had full suspension change and 928 big black front calibers fitted and new stereo rest is standard except Cup 2's that it was sold with.
Drop me a note if interested, by mid July it will be at a Dealers to move the sale along.

Lhd is a better driving position than rhd, so much more room for your legs and feet - position in general, feels spot on! I understand for the UK market, most want rhd.

barty964rst said:
Lhd is a better driving position than rhd, so much more room for your legs and feet - position in general, feels spot on! I understand for the UK market, most want rhd.

this 100% .. Ive always actively sought out LHD when it comes to the aircooled cars.

I got used to the pedal position in 993 in no time at all but after sitting in a 1990 964 rs replica at Thirlestane Car show I felt the pedals were too far to the left but I believe you can fit a 993 pedal box to the earlier car which I certainly would do!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back