Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

928 GTS project

MisterCorn

Fuji
As I have no self control and a row of garages, I've bought myself a 928 GTS to have a play with. I got it for about half the price of other GTS for sale in the UK and on first impression it won't need a ton of work to get it properly sorted.

I'll post details on what I get up to, but not planning on it being a major project.

MC

MisterCorn said:
.... not planning on it being a major project.

I'll remind you of that in x months and £ xxxxs time. :grin:

Have fun :thumb:

T8 said:
MisterCorn said:
.... not planning on it being a major project.

I'll remind you of that in x months and £ xxxxs time. :grin:

Have fun :thumb:

I don't have a good history for just doing what is actually needed, but we shall see....

MC

Epic purchase sir. :thumbs:

:worship: :worship: excellent purchase Mr. C, now let's have some more photos please

Superb machine, I did timing belt, idler pulleys, water pump brake discs, front springs shockers on my pals well used manual 928S many years ago. The water pump was scary with numerous bolt heads breaking off but got there in the end. I suspect parts can be an issue given the limited popularity and likely backup compared to the 911`s continued popularity.. I think K-Jetronic spares are becoming sticky too.. Don`t know for sure.

Hope you derive a lot of pleasure out of the 928 experience.. :thumb:

Are you going to change your name to Rod or change the plate :dont know:

Nice colour as well :thumb: I have been keeping an eye out for a 928 good find on the GTS there was a nice looking red s4 went through the auctions a couple of weeks ago which looked good value at 12k also a lot of dross about they are certainly a brave pill to take on however you are the very man for the job looking forward to this project.

Nice one :thumb:

Always had a soft spot for the 928 and IMO the design's hardly aged at all.

Such a cool car Martin :thumb:
I worry about all those ecu's but then you're an electronics engineer so scrub that :grin:

Got it up in the air for the first time so I can take a look at it.

First impressions are that I wish when I looked under a 996 it would look this good, it is all pretty clean.

I think that this exhaust joint might need undoing, doesn't look too challenging.

I need to get to this cover plate to view the end of the driveshaft and it covers some of the bolts.

Suspension looks to be in good condition. Never realised they were adjustable height as standard.

Rest of the underside is also pretty good, but it does look like there is a cover missing.

MC

WOW, looks remarkably good and at least in the pictures, the rubber bushes look ok. Doubt many modern motors will still be going strong at the same age.

What's the plan now?

I've sprayed the exhaust bolts with penetrating oil, going to undo the two front exhaust flanges and SAI pipe, drop the exhaust a little at the front so I can get the inspection cover off to view the flex plate.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back