Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 GTS - Advice / Thoughts

Andy619

Hey All

Would appreciate a few thoughts /or if you were in similar position: as I placed my 911 GTS order over a year ago it's due to be delivered Q4 23.
With the 992.2 due to be announced / released soon, would you take the order and go for the 992.1 now (about a 10k increase all in vs last years order form) or wait for the 992.2 (also not knowing what further increases there may be)?

Am in two minds, though am swayed towards the 992.2.

Welcome thoughts or what you guys would do if were in my shoes?.

Unless there was a significant financial incentive to do otherwise, if I was buying a brand new car I'd definitely want the latest model.

And what a problem to have. So you wait and go for the 992.2 but there's the rub, wait a little longer and the next newer thing is just that little bit closer.

If it were me I'd just get into the 992.1 as soon as I could and start enjoying it.

T8 said:
Unless there was a significant financial incentive to do otherwise, if I was buying a brand new car I'd definitely want the latest model.

To clarify my thinking. It does depend upon when UK deliveries of the 992.2 are due.

If that's not likely to be until Q2 2024 the 992.1 will still be a current model in 2023 so I'd go for that.

Go with current booking.
You will get the car sooner and most of the issues if any would have been sorted by Porsche on the .1 by now. :thumb:

I'd eat my own underpants if it meant I could have my 991 GTS back, so I think you should just get one ASAP (and keep telling yourself how lucky you are) :thumb:

GTS is such a good car I can't see the .2 model being that much better.

I bought a 991.1 GTS cause I wanted the NA engine, from what I've heard the turbo engine has had a few issues.

I've had my 992.1 GTS since the end of February and IMO just keep your order in.
The car is great and, as others have said, I can't imagine the 992.2 will improve things that much - I have heard that the dash will be totally TFT which for me is a shame as I like the current analogue tachometer and I've also read that the engine may move away from a 3.0 and change to a de tuned version of the current turbo unit.
With the current price rise trend you could possibly even run the 992.1 for a bit and trade it in against a 992.2 without too much financial pain!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back