Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 GT Sales debate, the 991 GT3RS

I'm a firm believer in life experiences - why own a Porsche to make money, own it to have fun in. If it makes some cash on the way then that's surely a happy side-effect of ownership, not the reason for ownership??

This is why I will never be a rich guy, but I will be a happy guy (as I suspect most of this forums members are)

My uber low miles GT3 Clubbie will be adding many miles this summer and hopefully finding a track or two as well.

I suspect most of the 991 RS's will be driven as intended, at least for a few thousand miles.

Re values, it's nuts. I could sell mine and make a quick £20k (so I was told last week), in 3 months!! But why would I?? What could I replace it with???

Naaaa - drive it and have fun

100% agree with the comments above

One of the reason why as a kid I first became so interested in Porsche GT cars was because of the fact they all seemed to be being enjoyed by serious car enthusiast and in my opinion always will be by most buyers

Hope to see your lava orange RS one day, Nick
:D

freddie44 said:

One of the reason why as a kid I first became so interested in Porsche GT cars was because of the fact they all seemed to be being enjoyed by serious car enthusiast and in my opinion always will be by most buyers

Lol...apology in advance for this one.....

'You've got a better chance of finding a pork chop
in a Synagogue' than seeing my in a Lava Orange RS...
the outside colour is ok...the orange trim bits inside
are just a bit too, er.....nauseating !

:floor:

nick w said:
freddie44 said:

Lol...apology in advance for this one.....

'You've got a better chance of finding a pork chop
in a Synagogue' than seeing my in a Lava Orange RS...
the outside colour is ok...the orange trim bits inside
are just a bit too, er.....nauseating !

:floor:

That's OK, I'll take ogling any colour :grin: :thumb:

I still like the 991 RS in White.....

Sorry

Paint to sample or order white and wrap it.

Richyd said:
I'm a firm believer in life experiences - why own a Porsche to make money, own it to have fun in. If it makes some cash on the way then that's surely a happy side-effect of ownership, not the reason for ownership??

This is why I will never be a rich guy, but I will be a happy guy (as I suspect most of this forums members are)

My uber low miles GT3 Clubbie will be adding many miles this summer and hopefully finding a track or two as well.

I suspect most of the 991 RS's will be driven as intended, at least for a few thousand miles.

Re values, it's nuts. I could sell mine and make a quick £20k (so I was told last week), in 3 months!! But why would I?? What could I replace it with???

Naaaa - drive it and have fun

^^^This....,all day long. You never know what cards you might end up being dealt, so live life to the max and enjoy the ride! :bye:

Unbelievable ... My dealer just advised me .. That offers of £350k are out there !!!! And 1 customer he has offered 400k ...has to be Bulls..t..surely?
Even if you go on what the Gt3 was being flipped at around 50% premium , that would still only take it to 225-240k...
I think the lucky few who get these will be sitting on a good investment ...
Hopefully get mine in October / November ..but it's a keeper and straight out on track!!!!

Anybody know how may UK have been allocated

Yellowpman said:
Unbelievable ... My dealer just advised me .. That offers of £350k are out there !!!! And 1 customer he has offered 400k ...has to be Bulls..t..surely?
Even if you go on what the Gt3 was being flipped at around 50% premium , that would still only take it to 225-240k...
I think the lucky few who get these will be sitting on a good investment ...
Hopefully get mine in October / November ..but it's a keeper and straight out on track!!!!

Anybody know how may UK have been allocated

Had a round of golf with someone 'who knows' yesterday at Knole Park,
(owns an OPC)...he reckoned that it might be as few as 100 UK cars.

Interesting ...I was told approximately the same around 80 cars ...which equals 2-3 per OPC plus the 918 owners so sounds right...

It's a strange debate this re values if that's where this thread is going?

The 991 GT3 is currently around £150k, but there's a load of them on the market. The 991 gen2 is about to come out, and the Gen2 GT3 will probably be 9 months behind that (launch at Geneva next spring anyone?, along with the Macan GTS). If this is priced as the last one, ie around £120k with options, then why would you pay more for a gen1 991 GT3?

So my prediction is the manual merger GT3's will continue a slow steady climb whilst the 991 GT3 will consolidate at around £110 by mid next year. The 991 RS will remain special if it's built in tiny numbers as the next one is still a few years away, by which time we may be fully into the turbo era which will only serve to increase their demand.

All guesswork - but despite not being able to get hold of an RS, I kinda hope they only produce a few as it will increase the mystique and "specialness" of it. All power to those that have one, but please do us a favour and keep them to run, not shrink-wrap and store. In 10 yrs time a leggy RS with patina would be a very cool thing indeed! The stored cars will just become places to deposit cash in, which is not what these are about.

Lots of twists and turns to come for sure. The 991 GT3 market is adjusting itself as we speak, i dont think anyone is paying £150k right now theres just too much stock out there. Always will be as the numbers brought in were relatively high.

What happens if the 991.2 GT3 is a manual? Sooner or later you'd hope, Porsche will get the equation right on supply and demnd in the UK and things may settle down a bit. There is obviously some headroom in the new price but they cant go putting them up here and not in the eurozone. My guess is they will make more cars instead and cool it off a bit.

The RS may be different but they could bring in 150 or so and it wouldnt be a disaster for anyone.

The other thing to remember is that all the previous gen cars are still out there and at the prices they are they will be soaking up of the demand for new stuff too.

In the meantime the other manufacturers are wanting a bit of this market, some great stuff appearing in the US. The new vette with the Z07 pack and that new viper ACR are pretty hardcore track cars with number plates, would love to see these in Europe giving some competition for Porsche!

Senoj said:
Lots of twists and turns to come for sure. The 991 GT3 market is adjusting itself as we speak, i dont think anyone is paying £150k right now theres just too much stock out there. Always will be as the numbers brought in were relatively high.

What happens if the 991.2 GT3 is a manual? Sooner or later you'd hope, Porsche will get the equation right on supply and demnd in the UK and things may settle down a bit. There is obviously some headroom in the new price but they cant go putting them up here and not in the eurozone. My guess is they will make more cars instead and cool it off a bit.

The RS may be different but they could bring in 150 or so and it wouldnt be a disaster for anyone.

The other thing to remember is that all the previous gen cars are still out there and at the prices they are they will be soaking up of the demand for new stuff too.

In the meantime the other manufacturers are wanting a bit of this market, some great stuff appearing in the US. The new vette with the Z07 pack and that new viper ACR are pretty hardcore track cars with number plates, would love to see these in Europe giving some competition for Porsche!

D'accord !!...there's plenty of demand out there, and a fair few to choose
from. I see that JZM have a 997 GT3 gen 2 in stock with 19.5k on the clock,
no ceramics or lift....at £103,900 !!.

The yellow vette we saw at Goodwood was the dogs *****, just a shame
about the rear hatch access which was tbh pretty useless. but my gawd, the
car looked the business inside and out. :wink:

There are x2 991 GT3s in Wilmslow right now for about £150k each. One has been there for about 6 months and has been reduced from £160k to £150k so I agree I don't think anyone is paying those prices.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back