Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2021 F1. The Finale. Abu Dhabi

FZP said:
Given he was thr F1 dictator, I'd have a crack and say that he's not on the woke side of life, and probably dislikes such behaviour. Coupled with Mrs E looking for a job, I'd say both are equally valid

Frank, remind me to tell the story of his daughter and then him trying to buy the reg BE1 ......its take a while to tell but is quite a yarn over a pint .... :cheers:

In the press this morning:

Dame Lewis Hamilton has told Mercedes that he does not want to win an eighth world championship in court "” and on Thursday his team will announce that they are ditching their appeal against his controversial defeat in last Sunday's title decider in Abu Dhabi.

*slight edit from me. :grin:

Word is that Mercedes would have actually had a more than realistic chance of succeeding with a legal challenge but a behind the scenes deal has been struck to protect the "sport" .......will be interesting to see if any of that deal will be seen publicly eg what happens to Masi over the next few months ........will he be "promoted" to a role which is less public :hand:

......Wolfe and mercedes are no fools and I have no doubt have worked a deal that is the best case scenario for them long term .........

Verstappen will always have an * next to his title win for me .....will I watch next year.........probably not as what happened in those last 5 laps will just never sit right to me. I had become a borderline watcher over the past 10 years but had started to get more into it again with the current rivalry ....its the blatent manipulation of the actual sproting event that I will never be able to accept and so its lost me again to a passing interest watcher.

The return of Marty Wild said:
^^^^^^^^^^^What he said!

Why I stopped watching kickyball. :grin:

Looking ahead!

Attachments

• 0d601ab5_ba95_47ec_a1fe_ad7e7257fcfb_441.jpeg
    0d601ab5_ba95_47ec_a1fe_ad7e7257fcfb_441.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 1,946
I guess at the end of the day people just have to accept that it is no longer a pure sport and its entertainment now, having cars running around a track at 200mph is not exciting, its dull TV......and therefore the entertainment has had to be manufactured :roll: ......I've always hated WWE for just that reason, but its very popular :roll: :roll: :roll:

jonttt said:
I guess at the end of the day people just have to accept that it is no longer a pure sport and its entertainment now, having cars running around a track at 200mph is not exciting, its dull TV......and therefore the entertainment has had to be manufactured :roll: ......I've always hated WWE for just that reason, but its very popular :roll: :roll: :roll:
Have you ever been to WWE? I got free tickets as a mates promotion company brought them to Sydney, would never pay to watch it, for the avoidance of doubt.
One of the best things I've seen live. Grown men in the crowd shouting at the wrestlers like it was somehow going to make a difference to the result. It was Mega. The atmosphere was better than Old Trafford. :floor:

FZP said:
jonttt said:
Have you ever been to WWE? I got free tickets as a mates promotion company brought them to Sydney, would never pay to watch it, for the avoidance of doubt.
One of the best things I've seen live. Grown men in the crowd shouting at the wrestlers like it was somehow going to make a difference to the result. It was Mega. The atmosphere was better than Old Trafford. :floor:

Be honest you paid for those tickets :roll:

spongebob squarepants said:
FZP said:
jonttt said:

Didn't pay for them, and I only made the mistake of paying for tickets to Old Trafford once :bandit:

FZP said:
spongebob squarepants said:
FZP said:
jonttt said:

Didn't pay for them, and I only made the mistake of paying for tickets to Old Trafford once :bandit:

Did you mistakenly think it was cricket, only to find out it was soccer?

MC

FZP said:
jonttt said:

Where you not there when I wrestled the DOM off Sponge :dont know:

Not had time to read all comments but telling everyone the lapped drivers would not be overtaking the lead car handicapped any decision by Mercedes by limiting them to the obvious choice to stay out.

Then when it was obvious Verstappen could win on the last lap having fitted new soft tyres - only allowing the close lapped cars to overtake was against the rules and planned to give him the win and title after an exciting last lap designed to increase audience participation in future (it's big business now).

Having battled against Porsche race Championship organisers in the past I have found it is impossible to win even when you are absolutely in the right.

They won't be bothered that having watched for decades I cannot be bothered to follow it next year when this is the way they act in the last deciding race.

Didn't bother me who won - like both for different reasons - fantastic drivers and men - both of them - its a shame how much business and power play influences so many sports away from pure fair and equal chances for all.

They should have declared a joint Championship in the circumstances - then I think everyone would be happy!

Baz

Baz's insightful comments remind me that F1 is not a sport, it's a business, just like any other big sport (football very much included).

Results like this just add to the eyeballs, whether on the payTV or on the faceballs and other media, and old fashioned fans like me are basically the purists of the motorsport world, vainly looking back in nostalgia at the good old days when races were fair, men were men and no one cheated, punted each other off, or behaved like a complete **** all the ***** time.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back