Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2021 F1. The Finale. Abu Dhabi

My Friday night sport always ended with 'any hole's a goal'.

jonttt said:
......... I've heard all of the arguments today on many mediums, for and against, most totally ignorant of even half of the factors that where actually at play .................

...........In a way I hope Mercedes' take it all the way, not because I think they will win (see below) but because the more publicity about the shambles and the way F1 is now ran the better.....

During the course of reading the various discussions I realised something else.

The whole thing about Max being able to win the World Championship on his number of wins only existed because, in Belgium, Michael Masi decided that Verstappen following the pace car for 2 laps constituted a race win.

haha

Attachments

• party_pal_282.jpg
    party_pal_282.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 2,008
you mean "my Friday night 5 a side games always end with a "next goal wins" scenario, this is the FIA equivalent only when the entire opposition are in your box with the ball ready to shoot......"

Bernie Eccleston said that they got it right.
In Bernie we trust :bandit:

+1 :)

T8 said:
jonttt said:
......... I've heard all of the arguments today on many mediums, for and against, most totally ignorant of even half of the factors that where actually at play .................

...........In a way I hope Mercedes' take it all the way, not because I think they will win (see below) but because the more publicity about the shambles and the way F1 is now ran the better.....

During the course of reading the various discussions I realised something else.

The whole thing about Max being able to win the World Championship on his number of wins only existed because, in Belgium, Michael Masi decided that Verstappen following the pace car for 2 laps constituted a race win.

Masi is essentially a TV producer. :floor:

If Mercedes take this to court I would be surprised, coz they will lose. They have some moral high ground but that's tenuous. F1 is a 'professional sport ' at best. If it was real sport, like an Olympic event the playing field would be level, it's not. Possibly in the future it will be but there's so many agendas at play even with the cost cap changes in '22 /'23 I'm not convinced they can get it level.

F1 is a product for consumer consumption, it's owned and developed by someone and those someone's want to make money. Fair enough.

the in car audio of a lot of the other drivers are now coming through venting their disagreement at how this was all handled

Regardless of whether Mercedes go ahead with any protest I think anyone who follows F1 will always remember the 2021 WC as a brilliant season ruined by a farcical ending.

I can't see anything happening to overturn the result but sadly Max's first championship win will always be tainted by the circumstances.

More like his disdain for Hamilton. Didn't he call the FIA out for letting Hamilton off when he short cutted at the beginning of the race?

Given he was thr F1 dictator, I'd have a crack and say that he's not on the woke side of life, and probably dislikes such behaviour. Coupled with Mrs E looking for a job, I'd say both are equally valid

What did it for me was Masi's response to Toto... "Its called a motor race"

What a patronising tw4t.

Bernie has backed him...oh well that's ok.........oh hang on...Genghis Kahn has just given Hitler a character reference. Nowt to be concerned about then.....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back