Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1987 Carrera 3.2 Cabriolet clutch pedal

Phil the Fluter

Trainee
My 1987 Carrera 3.2 Cabriolet has done 50,000 miles and hasn't been off my 20-yard driveway for 14 years. It spends most of the time in my garage and I run it up and down the drive every month or so just to keep things moving.

The last time I moved the car was probably a couple of months ago and everything was working normally.

Today, I got into the car and found the clutch pedal was almost on the floor. It had about 1 inch of travel and appeared to have something like normal pressure during that 1 inch of travel.

I pressed it up and down several times but nothing changed.

I then reached down and pulled the pedal upwards with my hand. It offered absolutely no resistance as it moved upwards to its normal position. It felt almost weightless. When I then pressed it with my foot, it offered normal clutch-pedal resistance as it moved downwards to the floor and when released it immediately moved upwards into its normal position. I depressed it several more times and it felt normal every time as it moved down to the floor and back up into its normal rest position..

I started the engine, depressed the clutch, put the car in reverse and backed it out of the garage and drove it up and down the drive several times. The clutch seemed totally normal and worked as well as ever.

I put the car back into the garage, put it into neutral and the clutch pedal again returned to its normal rest position when I took my foot off it.

If anyone can explain what had happened to the clutch pedal, I'd be very grateful.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back