Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Strut Top Mounts...

GMG

Suzuka
...MOT fail on broken front driver side coil spring necessitated a replacement pair and bumpstops from my excellent Exeter OPC parts department...I turned my attention to the top mounts and bearings and whether these required replacement?

Trawled the web and noted loads of cheap mounts available which was more confusing than helpful tbh...

So I phoned Center Gravity and talked to Pete who gratiously and helpfully said that on C2s whose front suspension experiences far less stress the bearings are always good requiring a complete strip,clean and regrease and when changing the top mounts he stated " if you change them please get them from Porsche, will have 997 numbers now, and not the after market ones that last 5minutes!"

He was quite emphatic....I duly placed a phone call wiggled some discount and bobs your uncle...

Some helpful,unequivocal and impartial guidance from the experts...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrellS
Back