Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sold SOLD! Bilstein suspension complete - 996 C4/C4S/Turbo (New)

Status of item for sale, now as sold
Status
Not open for further replies.

gizlaroc

Nurburgring
I purchased new suspension front and rear for my C4, I was always going to remove the AWD system, but was going to use adapted CV joints keeping the AWD front upright and suspension.

However...if you read my thread, you will see that after a calliper bolt ruined the thread I bought new RWD front wheel carriers!

This has left me with a pair of almost new front suspension for sale.

These are using the front Bilstein dampers (VNE-B334) which on the AWD cars is the same for M030 or standard.

Set shows front dampers and models they are for....

It has M030 springs too, which were off a car with low mileage. (spring rates for the M030 and non M030 are almost the same anyway. Weird.)
I still think these could be a bit firmer, as the rear seems over damped in comparison. (I actually removed the rear M030 dampers and springs and put standard ones on, far better balance imho).

New OEM top mounts, bearings, bump stops, dust covers, strut nuts, were all purchased too. The only thing carried over was a couple of washers and the base that holds the spring itself onto the strut. They were in great shape any way and new ones are £600 for the pair from Porsche!

These are what I mean.

I just looked and for dampers and all the new hardware these cost me a grand, that is not including the springs or the spring bases. I don't think C4 top mounts at £300 help matters.

They have done 1000 miles, maybe 1200, lets say 1500 miles. That will be absolute max.

If someone is looking at upgrading their front suspension this would make it an easy slide in job.

I will get pics up over the next couple of days.

£500 including delivery?

Edit: SOLD!

many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back