Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Exhaust needed

I'd be looking at replacement valves and if needs be re seaming it, if that fails then put O.E. Boxes it, after market exhausts are not one of my personal favourites, they're cheap and rarely last any where near a s long as the originals, either the brackets corrode or the packing gets blown out and becomes really raspy, not everyone's cup of tea I know because every one likes a loud exhaust, in my opinion the standard system cannot be beaten, maybe by an Akroprovic set up but That's been made using the best materials. If they've been on there for 15 years give or take I'd be reluctant to put anything on that's not going to fit exact and not going to last anywhere near as long.

112 dB at what revs? That is very loud if measured at a metre at 3/4 revs.

I have the spyder system fitted. For a while
It was stuck in loud and failed Bedford's noise test. Popped back to the service centre and they fixed it. My plan is to try Bedford again in Dec.

As for the sound I would say at idle it's much the same. When reving up
The loud mode had a nice grumble much like the video posted a few comments up. Quite mode does reduce sound I just hope it's enough to get past the noise test. (Revs held at 4500)

As for the Customer service they are great. It's part of Eporsche.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back