Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is this a real GT3 RS?

spongebob squarepants said:
Still confused on the price, comparing to this, ok Viper is the holy grail, but 25k more with twice the miles?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...er-green--original-paint-from-factory/9788728

Octane Collection are renown I think for their 'aspirational' pricing, but even so that does seem a big difference...

To me, the subtle look of the white one with no scripts etc gives it additional rarity.

Hard to imagine that not appreciating over the years, given it is a proper homologation RS.
So, my 4S in PX, finance the rest, with a balloon of £70k in 5 yrs. What could possibly go wrong... :D

GT3GT3 said:
Sounds like all the right noises - get it bought

:food:

YKIMS, BUY IT! Do the man maths. You could tour Europe several times in Whitey and still not reach the miles on greeney. You'd have to use the LHD of course, be mad not too.
Still think there's a catch somewhere :dont know:

NLW73 said:
what does it say on the white sticker on the bonnet?

RS coding should be there. i think its 002 or 004

997's don't have bonnet stickers, nor are the suspension pick up different between GT3 or RS. The LCA should be adjustable front and rear on the RS which is the only difference I'm aware of on the 7.1 cars

spongebob squarepants said:
You'd have to use the LHD of course, be mad not too.
It never ceases to amaze me how quickly, after getting off the ferry/Eurotunnel, I adapt to driving on the 'wrong' side of the road. Increasingly, and especially with GT cars, I can see why people might quite happily own LHD cars in the UK.

On track, where you really get to experience these machines properly, it makes the square root of **** all difference.

Assuming that **** all is considerably less than one, that would mean that the square root of **** all could be many many times larger than **** all.
Not that it matters, just saying. Perhaps it should be **** all squared, or maybe **** all is bigger than one. :?:

I agree with the point though. Only things like car parks and ticket barriers are a pain where you need access to a machine.

MC

You could make a decent case for the LHD variant to be the superior car. That's where the steering wheel was when they threw it on the drawing board for the first time. All the initial decisions about control placement were made at that point. Everything from where the volume knob is on the radio to the placement of the handbrake lever is LHD driver centric.

Pedal position is interesting as in the LHD car the clutch (remember those..) is central to the steering wheel whereas in a RHD the brake pedal is closer to that position, I prefer the RHD pedals personally but it's pretty subjective. Add to all that the 90 litre tank (deep joy) on LHD drive and you can start to realise the small compromises made for the RHD market, all liveable with as they no doubt decided at the time.

LHD is a different market due to numbers made being higher so supply/demand ratio determines prices differently obviously. This one being actually in the UK worsens that a little. All in all it makes it a potentially good buy in my book unless there a horror story lurking..

I have owned loads of LHD and can't think of any that were worse to drive than the RHD variant.It's about opening your mind I think!

Only the practicalities would put me off, such as those pointed out by MC. Fact is on trackday excursions you're more likely to come into contact with car parks / ticket barriers etc which would be a pain - although that would only be a few times a year I suppose (depending on how many trackdays you do) and not an issue if all your trackdays are on the continent. I always thought overtaking on local roads was the biggest issue though having a car with the wheel on the wrong side for the roads you're on

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
N13LVV
Back