Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Leather refurbishment

Mookin said:
deckster said:
I did my entire interior with the Gliptone stuff; it was very easy and very effective, and the colour match was spot on. Under 100 quid and a couple of weekends work.
Wow that's some great results. Have you got a link to the Gliptone stuff you used please. Mine is also a grey interior that needs a little bit of tlc. Ta
:thumb: It was the Gliptone Scuffmaster range https://www.liquidleather.co.uk/scuffmaster-m36 - mainly the leather dye but also used the Aquafil filler for some of the deeper creases and bashes.

Thanks all, going to get me some of that Scuffmaster stuff.

deckster said:
I did my entire interior with the Gliptone stuff; it was very easy and very effective, and the colour match was spot on. Under 100 quid and a couple of weekends work.

Deckster - i've got similar marks on my centre consul - how did you get those scratches/gouge marks out...??

I'm keen to have a go at this on my own car

Ta

996lee said:
happy to put up the pics if you like?
they were all black leather though

Yes please. :thumb:

Osh

Osh said:
996lee said:
happy to put up the pics if you like?
they were all black leather though

Yes please. :thumb:

Osh

No probs hope these PB pics still work if not will post them tonight

996 seats when I got mine had a big been scuff in the drivers bolster
Before

And after (the drop you see is where it started raining)

Had great results on a e36 I had the Vader's came up like new

Before

After

wasz said:
How long do these DIY kits repairs last?

I have one on the shelf waiting to use. But was going to just use it before I sell the car (if I ever do) :floor:

I did mine back at the start of 2017 and there's been no noticeable deterioration since then. Not sure why you'd do it just before you sell! Why give the other guy the benefit of all your hard work?!

Osh said:
Deckster - i've got similar marks on my centre consul - how did you get those scratches/gouge marks out...??

To be fair the photo makes it look better than it actually is as I couldn't be bothered to fill most of the scratches, so I just coloured them using the same dye as the seats. Closer inspection of the console shows that the indents are still there, but they're now the correct colour and largely unnoticeable unless you're looking for them. If you can be bothered to fill, sand, fill, sand, sand, sand, then use the dye then you can get great results and I did that for a larger gouge that was on the glovebox. Didn't seem worth the effort for the multitude of bashes on the plastic bits though.

Attachments

• glovebox_sm_259.png
    glovebox_sm_259.png
    377.7 KB · Views: 1,316
Cheers guys and thanks for posting :thumb:

Osh

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
N13LVV