Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Yet more ebay insanity

sram

Albert Park
Continuing from the hijacked thread:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200848963225?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

sram said:
??? ok, what am I missing here? It's a non vario cab with turbo scoops. Possibly a huge dent on the bonnet, no doubt some exterior cosmetic tarting required, needs £500 worth of front PU & engine lid, £4k second hand engine, 'tatty' interior requiring god knows what, LHD etc etc etc.
Or.... I could buy a high miles RHD cab for £15-17k that doesn't need any of that work.

Hmmmm, tough choice that one! ebay madness at it's best, surely??? 24,000 miles means nothing with a dead engine.

I emailed the seller out of curiosity.

Hi Stuart, front bumper is missing, indicators and foglights went missing with bumper. Th dents that appear above the screen and bonnet and the two dents on the front wings were all there when I purchased the vehicle so dont know how they came about. As for the interior by shabby I mean there is a couple of splits in the stitching of both front seats, could be made good or replaced. Everything is there including carpets. As I have stated the car is for spares or repair. Would make a good project.

Now, not bashing the seller as he's simply trying to get rid of it, but who are the people bidding on this thing? Add a full body respray and by the sound of it a retrim to the front seats.

I think I might remove the engine, gearbox and engine lid from mine, put it up as a project and hope to get 20k for it as it's a coupe and not a cab! Then I could get 5k for the engine and box etc. Would make a good project! :floor:

Mental

Well some....er....person has already bid £10.6K.......wtf!! ... mental.

The engine lid and front bumper went missing when the engine was being taken out for inspection - never really got to the bottom of it.

WTF :dont know:

Bargain :thumb:

Stevie Wonder is the current top bidder :floor:

It proves a point that these cars are worth circa £12k all day long in any condition.

I think it is a bit harsh implying bidding 11K for this makes you an idiot. I bet there is 11K in parts if the car was broken.

Ian.

It could be the perfect donor car for a 993 speedster :?:

So to the right person it might have been money well spent.

Finished at £12755, what would a WB cab be worth fully done?? high 20's ?

Utter madness. What an absolute crock of s***. That interior's not worn well more like 124k, where has it been in the USA Nevada desert? :weed:

Dream911 said:
It could be the perfect donor car for a 993 speedster :?:

So to the right person it might have been money well spent.

I did think of that and you're right, it could work out if that's what they were planning on doing with it. So is this an actual widebody cab then, or yet another person describing it as wide bodied? :dont know:

I was tempted to put in a bid for a 24,000 mile gearbox and then break the rest, but then realised it would be a G50/20 being from the States.

schwarz993 said:
Doesn't look like a WB to me.

If it was it would be worth more than £12775. It would be the rarest 993 of them all considering they never made one. Even the handful of Exclusiv 993 Turbo cabs were narrow bodied I think...

The Turbo II wheels are seriously very rare in narrow body fitment, so they'd fetch £500-800 alone!

For a project probably not the worst buy but to be worthwhile it would have to be done by someone in the trade as a special. Plenty out there.

rottenbend said:
schwarz993 said:
Doesn't look like a WB to me.

If it was it would be worth more than £12775. It would be the rarest 993 of them all considering they never made one. Even the handful of Exclusiv 993 Turbo cabs were narrow bodied I think...

I have seen these WB cabs before...mainly on the 'other' site not 100% sure if any were factory built though...
Gert used to sell a kit to convert a NB cab to WB, don't think he does now, not listed on his web site anyway.

widebody

From the pics i decided it had been fitted with the turboS rear quarter panels with air inlets and the widebody side sill extensions,there were no side shots of the car but the rearwing didnt look quite right in width terms , but i was sure about the air inlets and turbo side sills from the existing pics and that would sit well with the supposed offset of those wheels?
I could not categorically say that no "factory specials/exclusive " cabs with turbo look wings were made ,but it is very unlikely, and if so, then this would be a very special car and i would have thought unlikely to end up on an auction site.
24K miles sounded optimistic ,probably unverifiable so therefore totally unreliable ,so why say it and did you see the alignment of those digits in the speedo pic????

Christian...........

What's the betting this is gona turn up in a new episode of classic car rescue on channel 5 with those two nob-heads plonking in a motor from a 75 2.7 911 and then getting a valuation of 45K. :dont know: :?: :wink:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
white981gt4
Back