Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wrap - 993 ??

vroomvroom

Montreal
Anyone had a 993 wrapped - colour change.

I want a great job doing, and needless to say they are some uniqueness around the 993/964, particularly the rubber wing to body seals.

Just at pre-purchase stage and working out costs.

Also thoughts around colour....

Im thinking.....GREEN

Thought about going for a respray instead?

Wraps are only warranted for two years before they need replacing. The can fade, crack or become very difficult to remove.

Porsche Olive Green gets my vote every time

Wraps go on well and they are relatively easy to do. I removed all my bumpers lights etc to do it, which is great as you can refresh all the fittings with stainless steel and replace all the rubber parts. I was a novice in that it was the first car I wrapped and it came out pretty well.

Attachments

• b93bbf04_ebc9_461a_8187_b3a5f1e832ff_308.jpeg
    b93bbf04_ebc9_461a_8187_b3a5f1e832ff_308.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 643
Wraps go on well and if your car has had no paint over its long life time you might just be lucky enough to have no issues on its removal. I lost paint (Polar Silver) on the boot lid and small on the front pu. Most damage was on both stone guard areas due to the guards being lacquered over by a previous owner. It also strangely highlighted another area that must had been painted but not matched correctly.

My car will now undergo a full respray.

Ian

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
white981gt4
Back