Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wiring for dashcam

rickprice

Monza
Folks,

I am going to wire in a dash cam, to be sighted behind the rear view mirror.

Any clever ideas about how to route the wire down the A-pillar? Looking at at, the trim goes across the whole door; i therefore need to either:

- run the wire down the front edge, but this leads the wire into the dash a long way forward
- cross the A-pillar somehow (?airbag in there?) which then leads naturally to the fuse box.

The latter seems far more preferable to me - is there an easy way to get the wire across, ideally at the top, and is there an airbag in there I need to avoid?

Many thanks for the advice.

Richard

I ran mine down the line of the windscreen to the front of the dash (just tucked it into the trim rather than remove).
I then pushed the wire into the v small gap where the end of the dash meets the other trim (you can see it but not noticeable) to get it back to the door pillar
From there just tucked it inside the rubber trim/seal to the fuse box
Minimal fuss, looks fine to my eyes.

orange/black wire in interior light. Connect to that, works fine.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back