Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Window not operating after battery replacement

peterzoom

Spa-Francorchamps
I wonder if anyone has any advice or perhaps has had this experience themselves and solved it!
After fitting a new battery my drivers door window is not functioning at all. The passenger window is perfect, but the drivers will not operate or drop/raise when the handles are pulled.
I can hear a faint click when operating the switch, but absolutely no fresh air facilitation from the glass :dont know:

Any advice that would avoid an unnecessary strip down of the door would be greatly appreciated. :thumb:

Not sure it helps much, but I must have disconnected and reconnected batteries on my 996s 50+ times and never seen this. Doors are easy to take apart though, just make sure battery is disconnected. I had a very scary few seconds once when window started going down when I had my hand in the door. Never again!! There is a video I did on YouTube about taking it apart if you need it.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back