Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wife's X5 about to get the full detailing treatment

After months of nagging i have finally given in and agreed to give Mrs Knuckles' car a full blitz as follows

2 bucket wash
meguiars clay bar
meguiars ultimate polish
meguiars gold class paste wax

full seats out carpet shampoo
headlining shampoo
autoglym leather and conditioner
aircon clean
hard surface polishing

until today though, i had completely forgotten just how big it is :eek:

It's a bit of a shed at the moment, being black and a bit dull and not having had a polish or wax for some 2 years or so. but i will be doing before and afters for anyone who wants to see the effectiveness of the products. Hopefully she will like it enough to stop pointing out alternative cars every time we pass something big and expensive.

how ling do you think all this will take? my thoughts are 8 hours in total.....

Judging how long it takes me to do my Range Rover Sport I reckon you'll be done in one day. Remember take some befores and afters to remind her how hard you've worked :thumb:

Black tints on da windows and spinners to finish it off chum :dont know:

It's a two day job inside and out :what:

Zingari said:
Black tints on da windows and spinners to finish it off chum :dont know:

It's a two day job inside and out :what:

Being a bit Gangsta she already has tinted windows and mahoosive 22" Y-split wheels.

Today would be a good day to start clay barring it with the rain......saves spraying lube all the time on a hot dry day.

I made the mistake of detailing my wife's old X5 once.... What a monster of a car to do with a rotary polisher trying to correct the paint all over.

BMW's are thought to have the hardest paint of all cars (ref: detailing world) and therefore both hold a great finish for longer, but also take forever to correct!

She loved the finished product so much she constantly badgers me to do her new one. :frustrated:

Its not too bad though if you're not getting the polisher on it.......

Just dont go near it with the collinite in the hot weather! :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back