Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

which battery

rickprice

Monza
Which battery do I order?

Folks,

I am not with the car right now but I am sure the battery has had it. I had a OEM Porsche battery fitted about 5 years ago for the warrantee. Recently it has been sluggish. I put it on the tender for 10 hours at the weekend and it read fully charged.

2drives later and it barely starts.

I have a C4S 997.1 MY2006

Is it a 017 battery? I am looking to order one it for delivery (collection if necessary) tomorrow if possible.

Thanks for the help.

R

I found this in the archives. It may be of help re purchase and fitting.

NB: I don't know of the discount codes still work.

GT4 said:
Turn key to ignition "1" and then disconnect battery (neg first) - the key bit stops the alarm from thinking the car is being attacked and hence prevents you going deaf from the siren under the bonnet.

Obviously, positive is therefore second.

Take out old batt and fit new batt (remembering to fit the acid vapour overflow pipe to one side of the batt and plugging the hole in the other)

Re-attach positive first, and therefore neg last on new batt.

So in summary (of the whole process of four connections):

Negative very first and very last.

DO NOT GET A PORSCHE BATTERY!!!!

Get a Varta or Bosch, (they are the same battery as each other, just rebranded) and the best you can get.

This is the highest capacity you can fit:

315*175*175 mm
85 Ah and 800 CCA
FIVE year warrany

Varta Silver 585 200 080 (short code F18)
=
Bosch Silver 0092 S5 010 (short code S5 010)

http://www.eurocarparts.com
(use discount code MBCLUB25 for 25% off)

http://www.carparts911.co.uk/
(911UK discount code 911uk0512 for 5% off)

Also check out eBay/Amazon.

Bosch numerically and colour code their battery technology:

Black S3 = 3 year warranty
Blue S4 = 4 year warranty
Silver S5 = 5 year warranty

bosch_custom_437.jpg
[/quote]

As above - get a Bosch.

If it is only sluggish when warm - such as restart after filling up - it may be the starter motor / loom rather than the battery. Very common problem.
Batteries tend to be worse when car is cold.
Starter motors worse when hot.

drmark said:
As above - get a Bosch.

Or a Varta.

Same exact battery, different sticker and cheaper.

:)

Buy from Tayna.co.uk if you want a good deal and next day delivery. :thumbs:

Yes to Tanya as well, they always seem to have the best price for Bosch or Varta.

It might be an idea to check that your alternator is actually working.

Start the engine and put a meter across the battery terminals, it should read no less the 14.3 volts.

If not it will need a new regulatoe pack from autodoc appx £13 plus delivery of get one off ebat for a similar price. If you check my posts you will see a photo post of how to change the regulator pack.

...tis my view that Yuasa are superior to Bosch...a fact vindicated by my local ATS Manager ( worked there for decades) whom says he just never gets issues with these batteries thus recommends them when a customer is seeking the best for their car...

For a few years, I was constantly going through batteries.

Once I changed the starter motor and power cable, it was like a new car again, and the current Bosch S5 is fine now. (The power cable was very tired).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back