Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Whats it worth, 3.4 cable throttle car with intermix?

Mac996t

Hockenheim
Hi all

A friend of a friend has an early 3.4 cable throttle car, it has quite a lot wrong with it. Mostly the usual age related faults such as yellow headlights, needs brakes, wheels are tatty, central locking, air con not working, overall condition is average to poor, it seems typical of an owner who bought it when they were cheap and has not maintained it. Underneath it looked solid.

Engine is smooth and quiet despite having done 130k, however it has an intermix issue where oil is getting into the coolant albeit very slowly. Oil looks normal.

I had a quick look in the header tank and the coolant does have a thin film on top.

I quite fancy a bit of a project and can do most things myself which would help cost wise. If we say it would need a 10k engine rebuild then what do people think it's worth as it currently is?

Cheers Mac

What's the body and paint like plus the interior, as this will influence what it's worth after all the oily bits are sorted. If it also needs paint etc then that can get expensive. Are you starting with a good spec car car to start with, what were its original options i.e M030, aero, sports seats etc etc. All are factors in its baseline value and eventually it's worth if you complete all the work needed.

Body, paint and interior are average at best but I wasn't thinking about bringing it up to the standard of most forum cars, but get it to a level where I could use it as my daily and not be precious about it.

Not discussed numbers with owner but was wondering what consensus was on the forum to see if it matched my man maths! :D :dont know:

Mac

It's probably not much more than the car is worth for parts, a few thousand, but I don't know enough to put a figure on it.

It's a runner but the current owner's had good use of it so imo £7k would be a fair deal for you both - maybe a bit less if you know how much he paid.

I recently paid under £8k for a 3.4l C4 cab without engine problems. Could be a cracked head which might not need a full rebuild, but at that mileage I'd be doing one anyway. Might need to budget an extra few hundred for a head.
Sounds like a lot of fun :)

MC

6-7k imo

I would be offering 6k for it as you could end up spending 15k on engine rebuild
and suspension/brakes.

If you really wanted it maybe go little higher.

You interested in this because you tried my C2 with hartech rebuild and then
realised its much better than your 996T :mrgreen:

TBH I would not buy it at all unless it's "the perfect example / spec", which to me sounds like it's not. You'll be 20k into the rebuild / restoration easy once done.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back