Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wills 98 Ocean Blue C2 3.4 Ownership thread..

Welcome to the forum, it's always great to see an ocean blue 3.4 C2 with ambers - although maybe I'm just a little biased!

Nice write up, alway good to see photos & a good story. Looking forward to your adventures with this one :thumbs:

coullstar said:
Welcome, some good work already. Car looks good and suits the Amber lights.

Cheers mate! Big fan of yours, looking forward to seeing it after paint.

tob_today said:
Welcome to the forum, it's always great to see an ocean blue 3.4 C2 with ambers - although maybe I'm just a little biased!

Nice write up, alway good to see photos & a good story. Looking forward to your adventures with this one   :thumbs:

Cheers! Ive read through your thread, you've done a few mods that are on my hit list for the next few months (EP4110, konis with M030 etc) also, speaking of the eunos, i had an NB6 before this. There's also a 400bhp mk1 hiding out in my shed :wink:

Ocean blue is a lovely colour, especially when all cleaned up and in the sun!

Speaking of which..

The 3 day detail is complete.. how good does this look!! Took a huge amount of effort, and a lot of different grades of compound, but I'm very happy with the results. Highlighted a lot of parts that have been poorly painted in the past, but I think we got the best out of it..

CIo5mYi.jpg

willirl said:
...speaking of the eunos, i had an NB6 before this. There's also a 400bhp mk1 hiding out in my shed :wink:

Ocean blue is a lovely colour, especially when all cleaned up and in the sun!

Speaking of which..

The 3 day detail is complete.. how good does this look!! Took a huge amount of effort, and a lot of different grades of compound, but I'm very happy with the results. Highlighted a lot of parts that have been poorly painted in the past, but I think we got the best out of it.

400bhp mk1!! that must be crazy mental fun :eek: :thumb:

Nice work on the bodywork, ocean blue really pops when polished up.

coullstar said:
Looks very nice.

Dave Moore said:
That really does look stunning! Top work.

Thanks chaps!!

tob_today said:
400bhp mk1!! that must be crazy mental fun :eek: :thumb:

Nice work on the bodywork, ocean blue really pops when polished up.

It's going for mapping soon after some exhaust work to tackle tighter track noise regs, and hopefully it will get out for some proper testing shortly. It has hardly moved since the start of covid, everything here has been shut.

Changed the oil and filter on the 996 today, found some rubber in the filter.. Suspecting Variocam actuators, or rather the O Rings inside

gHXMwic.jpg

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=145640

This seems to be getting more common, and at €1200 per actuator seems a lot of coin for what I think should have a relatively simple solution. Time to investigate!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back