Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What is leaking and where it's coming from?

318touring

Spa-Francorchamps
2010 997.2 C2 PDK

Please help identify this leak. As no one should be out and about, the next best thing is to clean the car. While doing the Right Rear Tyre, I noticed dampness shown in this picture:

uJ5RpPY.jpg

Due to gravity, I started looking at the area above it, and found the following:

IdF81WB.jpg

This is looking up at the leak

tvgfLKf.jpg

More pictures of the leak, after it's been cleaned up:

ixmBQCz.jpg

kblpmsc.jpg

Doesn't seem to be oil or coolant as it wasn't oily and really easy to wipe off. I'm not losing coolant, at least a rate that will be noticeable. I didn't carry out the taste test, but it felt like water.

Does anyone have any idea of where the leak is (was), and what exactly leaked?

Thanks, and stay away from the virus!!

Is the air conditioning working? There's a pipe that goes to the air con pump which is notorious for leaking on the 997.

You appear to have water in the plastic bracket around the over engine coolant pipe , if it is that one that's leaking then its an engine out job im afraid ..

At work i would remove the bracket , inspect the pipe and pressure test the system to check for leaks .

You mentioned you might have small leak from the coolant system so this is a possible .

A/C pipe if leaking would leave an oily residue which is usually bright green as this is the leak detecting dye which is added to the system.

I can't really see the a/c pipe giving off condensation in that area but thats UK.

Thanks for the feedback, this is actually an ex-UK car.

It wasn't oily as it wiped off easily - I don't think I'm losing coolant. Also coolant will have a little bit of oil consistency.

Can't see the color of the leak as it was caked with grimy and dust. However, will monitor and check again (which requires wheel out) in a week as the car is not in use. Hopefully will be able to see the original state of the liquid without being contaminated with dust and road grime.

EcgF43M.png

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back