Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What does £40k buy you these days...........?

e8_pack said:
alex yates said:
Nissan Gt-R 3.8 V6 Black Edition

Pick 'em up now for just over £30k

3.5 to 60
193mph
Not too thirsty

Example: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201506174404739

The 911 arch nemesis. Falls short on the badge though.
RS6, RS4, M5 are a bit saloon car but up there.
What are R8s going for these days?

Not sure you'd get an R8 yet for £40k, autotrader say no...

The USP of the 911 for me and probably others is that it has the rear seats which are surprisingly handy and make the car an option for me, yet it looks like a proper sports car rather than a GT.

GTR only comes with a DSG/PDK box which may be a problem for some.

e8_pack said:
Plenty R8s for low 40k.

Good shout. BUT still depreciating :dont know:

And only 2 seats

JohnnyDangerous said:
e8_pack said:
Plenty R8s for low 40k.

Good shout. BUT still depreciating :dont know:
Not really, they've been hovering around the £40k level for a couple of years now.

And the V10's are keeping their values really well too.

What does £40k buy you these days?

A different 'spin' = new cars

I hadn't looked for ages so found it 'interesting'.

e.g's = A basic entry level A5/A6 TDi, E class or 530d :eek:

The truth is nothing!

The GTR ticks all the boxes (but some not as well).

With all the others mentioned there are compromises (e.g. does a M3 do 190mph+?)

Had a look around for a 4 seater Ferrari as I thought their depreciation was always pretty spectacular.....noooooooooooo

I can remember seeing a 412 for £25k a few years back (5 maybe) but autotrader has one at £55k (restored admittedly).

I also remember the 612 scag depreciating like the Greek economy, but their prices have gone through the roof.

A 997 3.8 4S PDK? 35 horses less but the PDK box would lessen that gap and the power delivery is superb. Does not reach 190 though.
Price not bottomed out either.

Another compromise, but nobody has mentioned an Evora?

Oh and the R8 (423bhp) only has a 4.5sec to 60 and 187mph top speed.

Dodge Viper???? never driven one but I can't imagine the handling to be up to much...........same goes for all the Cobra replicas. :dont know:

T8 said:
What does £40k buy you these days?

A different 'spin' = new cars

I hadn't looked for ages so found it 'interesting'.

e.g's = A basic entry level A5/A6 TDi, E class or 530d :eek:

...but you lose the 20% VAT as soon as you drive them off the forecourt.

EFA

Rhodris-dad said:
... AND you lose the 20% VAT as soon as you drive them off the forecourt.

Lots of exciting cars mentioned that tick many of JD's requirements, but wouldn't they fail the "able to get it for less than 40k and not lose money when I come to sell it" test compared to a 996 Turbo right now?

A 996 Turbo doesn't happen to be my cup of tea, but no denying its a proper junior supercar that holds its value and doesn't take a kings ransom to run. Hell of a car :thumb:

Rhodris-dad said:
The truth is nothing!

The GTR ticks all the boxes (but some not as well).

With all the others mentioned there are compromises (e.g. does a M3 do 190mph+?)

Had a look around for a 4 seater Ferrari as I thought their depreciation was always pretty spectacular.....noooooooooooo

I can remember seeing a 412 for £25k a few years back (5 maybe) but autotrader has one at £55k (restored admittedly).

I also remember the 612 scag depreciating like the Greek economy, but their prices have gone through the roof.

A 997 3.8 4S PDK? 35 horses less but the PDK box would lessen that gap and the power delivery is superb. Does not reach 190 though.
Price not bottomed out either.

Another compromise, but nobody has mentioned an Evora?

Oh and the R8 (423bhp) only has a 4.5sec to 60 and 187mph top speed.

Dodge Viper???? never driven one but I can't imagine the handling to be up to much...........same goes for all the Cobra replicas. :dont know:

GTR is without a doubt a great car but it does not look or is not classed as a sportscar.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back