Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

wellsy's 996.1 C2 Aero

This looks awesome Wellsy !
These seats feel great when you're in them on the road behind the wheel of a sorted 996 - enjoy 😁👌🏻

Momo wheel next ?
:grin:

The interior mods look fantastic and I am very interested to see what the final decision for the seats are.

Does look spot on, Ive just fitted one of those Function First knobs as well, love it.
Was also looking at all the alcantara bits as well to tie in.

Regards the seats I would agree with Mark, seems to be a lot of the back dating going on across all 911's, guilty of that as well but moving back to period correct now therefore Id go with something keeping of age of the car.

My old RS4 seats were half leather half a material called Hi-tech and I loved them. Alcantara or cloth centres are much better IMO. Maybe a 00's Recaro style pattern or even just black leather outer and keep the centres grey?

Id say keep it fairly subtle with the seats.

Great photos in the sun :)

Personally I like the contrasting interior with the seats. I've currently done this in my own 996 - except the other way around adding black to grey interior. It wasn't my plan to keep it this way, but now I see it, I like it. Different.

adamw said:
These seats feel great when you're in them on the road behind the wheel of a sorted 996 - enjoy 😁👌🏻

Momo wheel next ?

Sorry Adam I missed you off the replies! I have considered a Momo wheel and may go for it in the future but for the time being I'm really happy with standard 3 spoke trimmed in alcantara. Possibly slightly on the large side diameter-wise but feels great to hold now Royal have made it slightly thicker.

coullstar said:
Does look spot on, Ive just fitted one of those Function First knobs as well, love it.
Was also looking at all the alcantara bits as well to tie in.

Regards the seats I would agree with Mark, seems to be a lot of the back dating going on across all 911's, guilty of that as well but moving back to period correct now therefore Id go with something keeping of age of the car.

My old RS4 seats were half leather half a material called Hi-tech and I loved them. Alcantara or cloth centres are much better IMO. Maybe a 00's Recaro style pattern or even just black leather outer and keep the centres grey?

Id say keep it fairly subtle with the seats.

It's a tricky decision as there are too many options out there! I've got some tartan samples on the way and an offcut of black leather from the trimmer so I can mock up and get a feel for things. The trimmer also had some black and white pepita from a 356 interior he did recently so we mocked this up when I visited his place. I know it's been done to death but it did look damn good. I don't want to keep any of the grey that the seats are currently in as it's not the best quality material and has started to wear in some areas. At the end of the day it's all a bit of fun and I'm not tinkering with the sports seats that the car was originally spec'd with. If I choose something for the centres that I end up going off I can always do something different in the future. After all, what's money for if not for wasting on cars! :lol:

tob_today said:
Great photos in the sun :)

Personally I like the contrasting interior with the seats. I've currently done this in my own 996 - except the other way around adding black to grey interior. It wasn't my plan to keep it this way, but now I see it, I like it. Different.

I don't mind the contrast either actually. It's just unfortunate there's a bit of wear to some parts of the seats that my ocd can't put up with. I think Marky would refer to it as being a 'fanny' :lol:

Car looks fantastic and love the way you are personalising it! Not many 996 in white either, is that an original colour?

TV8 said:
Car looks fantastic and love the way you are personalising it! Not many 996 in white either, is that an original colour?

Thanks :thumb: I enjoy the personalising just as much as the driving. Yes it's the original colour, Glacier White. It would be interesting to know how many are on the road in this colour as it's pretty unusual I think

wellsy said:
adamw said:

Momo wheel next ?

Sorry Adam I missed you off the replies! I have considered a Momo wheel and may go for it in the future but for the time being I'm really happy with standard 3 spoke trimmed in alcantara. Possibly slightly on the large side diameter-wise but feels great to hold now Royal have made it slightly thicker.

Got Royal to make my steering wheel a touch thicker when they retrimmed mine recently and i agree it's much nicer to hold now :D

Your car looks great in the pic's and I'm still jealous you beat me to those seats. :sad:

Carl

Update time and things have been happening interior-wise.

First up, I got hold of a Continental Bluetooth DAB headunit to replace the Pioneer unit I put in as a temporary measure (when the screen on the Porsche stereo failed). Great to have music streaming on the go and with Google assistant talking to Spotify it's almost modern infotainment! The styling and amber illumination also blends in nicely with the interior so pleased with that. Unfortunately (as a 2nd hand purchase) it didn't come with the fascia trim ring so I need to find a solution to that to finish the install off.

I replaced the dash and rear speakers some time ago but not the doors. I had suspicions at the time that the door speakers were not working but never got round to taking off the door cards to investigate. Having found a bit of spare time and enthusiasm I decided to have a look and low and behold there were no speakers or speaker boxes installed despite the car having the 'sound' package! Ebay to the rescue and I now have working door speakers and (marginally more!) bass.

Next up seats. I found a great trimming company very local to me and they have worked wonders. Highly recommend https://ldrakeautotrim.co.uk/ if you're in the Kent/SE area. Spec-wise I went for black smooth nappa leather outers with a white stitch and Scott Weathered Green wool tartan centres. I saw this tartan in one of Singer's vehicles at Goodwood a couple of years ago and managed to track down the name. I also had new seat cushion foam, some removable side bolster protectors, and the belt loops trimmed in black alcantara. Lastly I repainted the side mounts in satin black to complete the look. Well chuffed!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back