Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Vehicle tax changes from 01 Oct 2014: new rules & fines

I'm glad I kept this one. :thumb:

Maybe we need a "Who's got the earliest tax disc for their car" thread. I'm sure there's someone who has all the tax discs in a little folder :grin:

rottenbend said:
Maybe we need a "Who's got the earliest tax disc for their car" thread. I'm sure there's someone who has all the tax discs in a little folder :grin:

Was it CC who admitted to that?

MC

New "road tax" laws...

Gents,

How is this going to work if you purchase a car middle of october?
Does the current owners tax run to the end of october and then you have to tax it under your name as of 1st nov?

As it stands if someone sells a vehicle mid oct they only get refund of the tax november on, so if they expected the buyer to then pay for the month of october instead of from start of november the car would be taxed effectively twice in september?

911Oz

There have been a few threads on this very subject. A seller will only get back full month's Tax so if you sell in early month you lose it. THe new owner is still required to get new tax or it is considered 'untaxed' It's a scam and a sneaky way to make more money from motorists.

Bye-bye Tax Disc

I for one won't miss the tax mans receipt being stuck on my P&J's screen.

Who needs a constant reminder that they've paid out £230 or about 50 pence per mile to keep their toy legal?

De-cluttered and pure :thumb:

0F1210D8-AFD6-4B1A-A848-01DFD6C388BB_zps0denpxm9.jpg

So does this mean garage queens will just get SORN'd online between drives and taxed for a dozen days p.a.? :grin:

No because you'll still lose the rest of the month's tax if you sorn it.

Re: Bye-bye Tax Disc

dommorton said:
Who needs a constant reminder that they've paid out £230 or about 50 pence per mile to keep their toy legal?

Epic fail on the 'man maths' front Dom'. :hand:

Anyone doing such low mileage should always use the maxim "road tax only costs 63p per day". :judge:

Can someone explain the UK road tax system?
Is it really only £230 PA for a 993? ..
Man I'd give anything for that .. It's just under €2k pa here.

I generally agree with the move to computer based systems - only down-side I can see is that those people who already run the risk of not insuring their car not longer need to buy a tax disc to make it "look" legit.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back