Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Update: Anyone in the market for a C2S Vesuvius?

Not sure Kimbo, I'd like to get back into a 964 but they are too expensive now.

Update: I've had good response but as expected everyone wants to haggle, which is fine by me but some people do take chances. Two potential buyers seem to be serious about the car but they can't make up their minds. I've had another dealer also telling me the price is good, so I'm now throwing my net wider and you'll soon see the car advertised on PH. Let the prank calls and e-mail abuse commence.

Good luck, I hope you get a result.

I've thrown in the towel now. Too many wasted weekends.

Not for sale anymore. I will run it into the ground.

Just had an interesting chat with a guy who reacted to my advert. What he said may explain some of the weird behaviour we see when we sell our cars. He keeps going on about how a good 993 only cost about 20K the last time he looked and he could in fact get a nice S for something like £24K. On the one hand he openly kicks himself about the fact that he didn't buy then, but on the other hand he can't reconcile himself with the fact that he now has to pay double for the same thing. He keeps telling himself (and me) that he must be able to find a C2S for sub £40K, if he just keeps looking. I wished him the best of luck.

I think he is probably representative of many enthusiasts out there who diligently saved up but didn't keep their eye on the ball, and when they decide to start looking for a car they are confronted with a new reality. And we, the sellers, are the ones who have to break it to them.

Kimbo said:
Not for sale anymore. I will run it into the ground.
:worship: :worship: :worship:
Well done that man!

Patronus said:
Just had an interesting chat with a guy who reacted to my advert. What he said may explain some of the weird behaviour we see when we sell our cars. He keeps going on about how a good 993 only cost about 20K the last time he looked and he could in fact get a nice S for something like £24K. On the one hand he openly kicks himself about the fact that he didn't buy then, but on the other hand he can't reconcile himself with the fact that he now has to pay double for the same thing. He keeps telling himself (and me) that he must be able to find a C2S for sub £40K, if he just keeps looking. I wished him the best of luck.

Was it Zingari?

Me too. Ha.

That point would explain quite a few of the enquiries I've had too.

What they all seem to end on when I politely tell them that £17000 cash WON'T buy my car, is that they've seen a few 993's at the 20 grand and under mark and have a few more to see and they're not Cat D's.

(Keep taking the pills, boys.)

Funnily enough, after making my decision, I feel very enlightened. I have totally wiped the idea of having an asset on my drive that I could sell if I got in bother. It's not an asset anymore because I can't and won't go through the hassle of selling it, privately or to a dealer. So to me now, it's worth nothing. I've taken the cover off it and the cat's sitting on the roof.

rottenbend said:
Patronus said:

Was it Zingari?

Classic :grin:

Simple reality is they are all only worth what we can convince someone to pay,

It's a mad mixed up market,the cars have not been acepted as full collectors items yet, but are now out of the reach of many enthusiast buyers, who are annoyed they can't buy them anymore.

End result is very confused market.

I have a good friend who is looking for a 993 and is willing to pay well for a good c2 or c4 but cannot find much below £50k it's madness.

Great if you own a 993 but hard if you want to buy and have been saving to do so. Hence so many frustrated buyers.

Only my view off course.

Trantorman said:
I have a good friend who is looking for a 993 and is willing to pay well for a good c2 or c4 but cannot find much below £50k it's madness.

Funnily enough, I have a good friend who is looking for a 993 and is willing to pay up to £25K for a good c2 or c4 but no more, unless it's mint and under 50,000 miles.

He has a nice collection of cars...but won't budge on that budget.Says he'll wait.

Kimbo said:
Funnily enough, I have a good friend who is looking for a 993 and is willing to pay up to £25K for a good c2 or c4 but no more, unless it's mint and under 50,000 miles.

He has a nice collection of cars...but won't budge on that budget.Says he'll wait.

Sounds like my uncle :grin:

I guess it can happen to the best of us. Take myself for instance. I've been eyeing MK1 and MK2 GT3 prices for a long tome, working out roughly how much money I needed to get one, and then took my eye off the ball while I focused on my career and other things. By the time I looked again they have doubled in price. It's still the same lump of metal with the same intrinsic value, so I find it hard to re-calibrate myself to the new reality. I therefore have sympathy for people who want 50% discount on a 993 because that's what they think it should cost. I don't give them much time on the phone though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back