Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Update: Anyone in the market for a C2S Vesuvius?

A really honest write up, and a perhaps too generous price.

Good luck with the sale - An honest car that should go to a real enthusiast.

:thumb:

Bargain

Take of the wrap and sort out the minor stone chips. It'll be desirable to far more people searching for one of these.

Lovely colour underneath.

Good luck.

Rialas said:
Take of the wrap and sort out the minor stone chips. It'll be desirable to far more people searching for one of these.
:yes:

IMHO people will worry about (i) what the wrap may be hiding, and (ii) the lacquer peeling when it's removed.

agree with the other posts...take off the wrap and have the paint detailed....original photos look great and much prefer that to the mat silver look...some turbo twists would also look better imho

Thanks for the comments & opinions. All are very valid points which I appreciate. I guess those who've followed the car's progress over the last two years on this forum will know it well enough to make a call as to its condition. I tend to blurp all my discoveries here such as the condition of the shocks and the rusted chassis legs, and then the actions I have taken (with photos and detailed descriptions) and the outcome (with photos and detailed descriptions). I believe that I've already made all the discoveries that can be made, and shared them, including my long research into paint vs wrap, which by the way was nothing more than an experiment which worked out much better than I had hoped.
So at this point my audience is people who know the car and its history. Once I start marketing it to a wider audience then it may be a different story.

Ash11e said:
some turbo twists would also look better imho
I sold the Turbo Twists that came with the car in favour of the (correct) 17" wheels which look better IMO, which also feel better on the road. A matter of taste I guess.

That car looks so sweeeeeeet in the pics pre the wrap!

Have to say it, the pre wrap version looks stunning but I tend to like dark colours on air cooled cars. The wrap still looks great though.
I think the price is fair too. It is high mileage and it is covered in wrap and therefore not super tip top, but extremely good. You can still pick up 993's for around 30k that I'm sure need a lot of TLC, say 20k worth so I think your price is fair and attractive which is important. You want to sell it, not just put up some unicorn price for the sake of it and be sitting on it for months. Let the potential buyers bid it up if the hunger is there in the real world but don't walk away from a good sensible offer as a previous poster advised.

Hi Patronus,

As a fellow Vesuvius C2S owner, I've always enjoyed your threads and posts.

I wish you all the best with the sale!

I'm inclined to think that you have probably priced it about right, taking into account the wrap and the mileage; especially if you are genuinely trying to sell it reasonably quickly with little hassle.

A true Porsche fan won't give a monkey's about the mileage though; its only done approximately 7,500 a year!!!

I'd certainly ask a little more in the open market, if that's where it ends up, which I doubt. (£49,900 :D )

I share your concerns about the 964 Market. I always fancied one as a second Porsche but the current prices, whilst benefitting us owners on the one hand, make it very difficult to add to the stable.

Good luck with the sale and I hope that you find what you are looking for by way of replacement.

For what my view is worth, I think you have pitched it about right price wise, but it seems to be a very funny market, everyone talks up values but yet, buyers want the best car nothing.

I have advertised both a Turbo and a 4s and had nothing but idiots, E mailing with 'what's your best price" literally no other question, this tactic has also been seen and well documented by Kim and his challenges in selling what looks to be a cracking Targa. I got fed up quickly and took the cars off the market and will likely go the SOR route.
Both Kim's car and yours should sell easily to enthusiast buyers you would think, but it seems they are now favouring low miles and history, more than anything else and have failed to realise the value proposition the higher mile car with all the jobs done represents in the current confused market.

It's a strange market, but I wish hope you sell it easily and can move the business forward

I think it looks lovely and would buy it tomorrow if it weren't for the faff of selling mine...

Trantorman said:
For what my view is worth, I think you have pitched it about right price wise, but it seems to be a very funny market, everyone talks up values but yet, buyers want the best car nothing.

I have advertised both a Turbo and a 4s and had nothing but idiots, E mailing with 'what's your best price" literally no other question, this tactic has also been seen and well documented by Kim and his challenges in selling what looks to be a cracking Targa. I got fed up quickly and took the cars off the market and will likely go the SOR route.
Both Kim's car and yours should sell easily to enthusiast buyers you would think, but it seems they are now favouring low miles and history, more than anything else and have failed to realise the value proposition the higher mile car with all the jobs done represents in the current confused market.

^ This is a good post.

I take my hat off to anyone who can manage to convert a Private sale these days. In the last three weeks of having my car up for sale, most people have tried to chip £10k off the asking price because they are convinced it needs an engine rebuild. They have done this by phone before they've seen the car.

I'm also convinced that there are buyers out there, who scan all the ads, find a nice car, then text or email low offers in the hope that someone may bite. Worse still, they try and turn up on your doorstep and do it in person. I've had people making under £20k offers without knowing which model the 993 is!

I'm not the doom-mongerer I might come over as, and the majority of buyers have been polite, but they are all seeking the Holy Grail at an unrealistic price.

A C2 manual coupe with Hardback seats, under 90,000 miles and all the major work done, in immaculate showroom condition, would be relatively easy to sell I think, even privately, because they've all read about that in the press and on forums that 'it's the one to have'. They don't know why they want it, but they do, and they'll still try and chip £8000 off the asking price.

Once again Patronus, good luck with your sale. Will you keep us posted on how you're doing?

If I was the OP I'd just take the car to JZM on SOR.
The 4k odd commission they take will be slightly offset by
the higher asking price they'd get compared to you.
The fact they do a full health check on the car and sales prep etc
just means prospective buyers in the showroom have more confidence
to pull the trigger and buy........obviously there is the major benefit of not having to deal with idiots offering low ball offers and asking gormless questions.
I sold a 911SC via Pistonheads- it sold fine in the end but not before some complete idiots had wasted my time. One guy rang me about ten times and was determined to buy the car- and then did not even bother showing up to view the car when we had arranged and I never heard from him again- infuriating.

That's a great idea actually. They advertise it higher than you would and you probably get your original asking price back. Great idea.

I had someone last week who wanted me to drive three hours to Manchester from East Sussex and meet him in a Service Station car park where he would pay for the car in full, apparently.

He was a 'very busy man', with classic car collections all over the World.

Patronus - I have a question. Why are you selling? I thought this was your car for life, the amount of time and money you've invested into it.

Thanks for all the compliments, suggestions & good wishes. I've had a fair bit of interest from people who appear to be genuine but time will tell whether it will lead to a sale. I don't expect the car to sell overnight because I guess for this type of money people tend to shop around a lot before they make a decision. I've gladly not had problems with freaks or weirdos yet but am sure they will come and I'll just have to live with that. My advert only went live on Friday (on this site) anyway, so not many people will have seen it yet. I'll probably go through the same pain as Kimbo and others. We live in a strange world where you can't really trust people any more.

Kimbo said:
I have a question. Why are you selling? I thought this was your car for life, the amount of time and money you've invested into it.
I love 911s and I equally love working on 911s. Therein lies the answer. Every time I buy a 911 I really believe it's for life and I say I will never sell it again because it takes me ages to find the right car for me. And then I start working on it and spending time & money as if there's no tomorrow, buying special tools & equipment when necessary. Particularly in this case because I always believed this rare model to be out of my reach. But at some point I run out of things to fix and that's where the problem starts. If I had an infinite amount of money then of course I will have kept all my cars (with this one probably at the top of my list along with the 964 that I never should have sold). But I don't have the resources so in order to be able to afford the next project I always have to let the last one go. I take these projects seriously and some of my previous cars have appeared in 911 & Porsche World, Evo Magazine, etc. I have a workshop that took me years to get just right, and when I get to the point where there's nothing more to do on a car, I find that I start looking at adverts again.
On this car the only outstanding work is cosmetic and hardly necessary in my opinion, given how well the wrapping turned out and the fact that there's no rust that needs addressing.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back