Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Uh oh - manual lock not working and car in sleep

andrews7889 said:
If you could open the frunk, would disconnecting the battery for a while, start the car back up in a non sleep mode?

It is worth a try and I think he was trying to get in from the wheel arch liner.

Have you fished about under the offside headlight with some stiff wire, shaped as a hook, the release wire sits under there, I have always got mine from there but I have also planned ahead and made sure it is available to grab when I need it.

Success!!! :thumb:

Turns out previous owner moved cable to panel gap of frunk. I suddenly remembered seeing a cable there. Anyway I managed to fish it out and pop frunk.

Alarm went off as expected. Whilst the alarm was deafening me I undid the negative terminal. When I reconnected the alarm went off again but this time the car was awake. So the fob unlocked it!

Phew. What a mission. Now to put driver's door lock back in properly and test key works this time.

So, note for others: it is possible to get car out of sleep mode by disconnecting and reconnecting battery..

Great news!
Now time to fix your mechanical lock :)

Excellent news ..

Just to add a bit of a damper for people in the future .. Sorry about this ...

Flashing the negative lead doesn't always work .. its certainly worth a try but its 50-50 as to whether it will wake up the alarm system so that the fob works .

We literally had to break a window on a Boxster 2 weeks ago as this didn't work and i've tried it on a 996 a few years back .. again it didn't work .

If the car has been locked with the fob then its in secure lock mode so pulling the inner door handle will not open the door if attempting a break in .

Key issue will be the blade going into the lock on a previous removal has not centered and engaged the lock .. hence it does nothing .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back