Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Key battery change - central locking now not working

Dbin

Replaced my key battery and now the red light isn’t blinking and central locking isn’t working

Is it because

I need to reset the key somehow with a procedure
There’s now a likely connection terminal issue in the key itself
Somehow I have inserted the battery incorrectly

Anyone who has the same and fixed please let me know

I'd 1st check voltages of both the battery removed and new one installed. Also- does the red fob light not work if any of the buttons are pressed?

I presume you mean red light not blinking is the one on you fob and not on the dash?

Thanks Alex - yes no red light blinking is on the key not dash. No red light when any key pressed. Tried numerous batteries including original which was working intermittently. It’s as if by removing the battery, I now need to re-pair the key in order for central locking / boot release to work.

Key fob light should blink regardless of anything to do with the car. Take the fob out, battery out of it and give it a good blast with the hairdryer for 20 minutes......or leave on a hot radiator for the day. Then try again.

Try putting the battery in the holder the wrong way round polarity wise for one minute, and swapping it back to the correct polarity, make sure the battery surfaces are clean from any fingerprints and plastic film that might be on them.

Thanks all. I’ve just visited my local Indy. After testing battery and the key, I do need a new key sadly.

I called the main dealer for a price earlier and both Porsche and Independent quote £360. My Indy can fit me in the quickest so it will be done next week.

You can get it fixed for £250.

Try Boyd at www.pixelsfixed.co.uk

He travels up and down the country and comes to your location to fix it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back