Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Uber rare speed yellow 997 GTS-4 manual

This looks nice, but the seller seems to imply one can't go and view it.

In one comment he said "Vehicle viewing is tricky as exact location cannot be revealed for obvious reasons". Really, what are they then?! :?:

I think this might hamper the end value of this. I might've been inclined if I could see it to put a bid in if ok.

Yes seller doesn't seem overly keen to make extra efforts to prep and market the car. Probably knows it will go for strong money purely on colour, spec and mileage.

JonnieD said:

In one comment he said "Vehicle viewing is tricky as exact location cannot be revealed for obvious reasons". Really, what are they then?! :?:

I think this might hamper the end value of this. I might've been inclined if I could see it to put a bid in if ok.

Presumably he means that he can't publish its location. He has since said that he has no issue with an inspection.

Possibly a controversial opinion which I'll preface by saying that I would gladly own it as it is a cracking looking, unicorn car, BUT I don't agree that the spec is all that. Yes, it has carbon brakes and is a manual and in a great colour but for me, after that the excitement tails off a bit.

While the spec is nice and it's undoubtedly a very rare car, I'd say the first owner missed a few fairly important options when ticking the boxes. They obviously got so distracted in their excitement of spec'ing the brakes and carbon bits that they forgot about the Bose, heated seats, extended leather and also missed an opportunity for matching yellow seat belts. Then there's PDLS which is another great option.

Anyway, it's a shame that CC's second "key fact" shows a lack of diligence from them and the vendor when it comes to writing copy - it states "driving the rear wheels" (it's a 4GTS).

While the car pretty much speaks for itself, the fact that the description includes "a heated rear screen" also shows that they're scratching around for things to say about the car. And the fact that it appears that dragging a wet rag over the car for the pics seems to have been too much to ask is also a shame - the car deserves better!

Cracking looking thing though, which I reckon will appear on a dealer's forecourt soon for a tidy sum! I guess it's a case of "find another one!"

:coat:

And there lies the beauty of options. Something different for everyone :)

Arguably this has perfect spec for many people:

* Manual
* Carbon brakes (matching car colour)
* Carbon trim (also very rare option)
* No sunroof
* No rear wiper
* Sports chrono
* Adaptive sports seats
* Alcantara triim
* Rear parking sensors
* Yellow dials
* Yellow steering wheel stitching

Plus probably more. A lot has been spent on options by original owner.

On top is the low milage, low owners, and current owner for 9 years with solid looking servicing at respected indy Parr.

Then there's the colour. Speed yellow is hugely rare & highly sought-after, and again arguably the 4's red strip across the back looks even better against the yellow, even if some people will be put off by the 4wd.

Counting against are some minor scruffy bits. Not sure why the PSE exhaust was changed to Cargraphics. Unusual change for these cars. Most people just remove the centre muffler to get more sound. So how it sounds is unknown, but Cargraphics are quality. Plus there's unresolved questions about the knocking noises. Also unusual to see Cargraphic lowering springs, but can easily be changed if wanted.

Either way, the owner has been able to enjoy this very special car for 9-years, without huge outlay on servicing and will possibly get back more than they paid of it all those years ago. And now someone else will pick up this unicorn and enjoy for many more years. Win-win.

Well I was excited for a bit as the high bidder until last night. Might jump back in this evening depending on how it's looking.

The spec is ok, but a lot of the missing bits can be retrofitted or upgraded anyway. I think it is lacking a bit in service history and documentation hence I think the winning bid might be below the expectation. But RPM have just listed a 2GTS for £80k so the market clearly likes these cars.

Given the crazy prices 992 GTS's are being sold for, some would say 997 GTS's are a comparative bargain. Let's see what the market thinks later tonight.

Would be nice to see next owner appear on here - and not see it disappear :)

squelch said:
JonnieD said:

Presumably he means that he can't publish its location. He has since said that he has no issue with an inspection.

:coat:

Agreed. But he said that regarding an inspection barely 24 hours before the end of the auction, so that's not going to happen is it?!
A bit disingenuous I think :eh!:

tob_today said:
And there lies the beauty of options. Something different for everyone :)

Counting against are some minor scruffy bits. Not sure why the PSE exhaust was changed to Cargraphics. Unusual change for these cars. Most people just remove the centre muffler to get more sound. So how it sounds is unknown, but Cargraphics are quality. Plus there's unresolved questions about the knocking noises. Also unusual to see Cargraphic lowering springs, but can easily be changed if wanted.

I don't have a problem about the springs or the exhaust changes.

The way I see those pics, is that it has a standard PSE exhaust tips, so is probably the Cargraphic switchable side mufflers, and maybe their x-pipe / rear box delete too. If so that's a good upgrade, although the standard PSE with an x-pipe is all that's really needed to sound decent.

:thumbs:

Will there be a rush of blood bidding frenzy on this one as we get to the nitty gritty. :?:

FZP said:
Will there be a rush of blood bidding frenzy on this one as we get to the nitty gritty. :?:

Done its dough surely! I dont get it, ill risk 6 k on a used BMW with no warranty, 70 odd k on a porsche, hmmm. And its the wrong yellow :hand: :floor:

I see your signature picture has been diddled with to look more Speed Yellow than Jaundice Yellow :bandit:

Now selling at no reserve.

A Speed Yellow, Manual 4GTS with PCCBs is probably one of one so hopefully it will do well as it is such a rare thing. And hopefully a private buyer gets it, but time will tell...

I'm shocked it didn't crack £70k bids, let alone with fees. :dont know: Hopefully it'd gone to a private buyer indeed as Matt said. The only other speed yellow GTS was a rag top at OPC Sheffield back in 2014.

£66,000 - someone got a good deal. I'll guess it was two dealers bidding against each other at the end, not frantic like I've seen with other cars. I'll bet it's up again soon at £85k in a showroom with all the bits sorted.

Attachments

• final_191.jpg
    final_191.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 1,344
No one's gonna be going mad on that car, reason probably being the PCCB, people are terrified of them and probably why the seller wasn't over keen on an inspection if there not pucca, 70k strong money I thought buying from an auction.

I bet there will be a few people kicking themselves for not bidding, especially with the lovely sunny spring weather we've now got. Speed yellow 997 GTS will look lovely next to those daffodils :D

But agree, carbon brakes are definitely a smaller market, especially buying-unseen without inspection. Buying from decent dealer is different matter.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back