Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo air vents cracking

Kadafi39

Silverstone
Afternoon all,

I noticed when washing my car that both plastic vent trims above the rear wheel arches have small hairline cracks in them.

I notified Porsche last week during my service and was told its not covered under warranty.

I wasn't too concerned at the time, as I thought, how much can 2 small plastic trims cost!

About £800 for both apparently! Anyone else noticed this happening on their car?

Nope someone's removed them and put them back on incorrectly. Good excuse to get carbon ones from techart or Porsche or if you're feeling super flush the GT2 RS ones are gorgeous.

IMI A said:
Nope someone's removed them and put them back on incorrectly. Good excuse to get carbon ones from techart or Porsche or if you're feeling super flush the GT2 RS ones are gorgeous.

I don't think they have ever been removed tbh, they sit perfectly and when I tried to remove them they were clipped in pretty solid, like they had never been out.

I did consider carbon, but with the lack of carbon elsewhere on the outside I wasn't sure it would work.

I was thinking of buying a new set and having them painted gloss black.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back