Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

To PPI or not?

ElDiablo

Guys,

I've spotted a 2010 997 Gen2 4S car for sale that I'm interested in.
The ad states full Porsche service history from new and Porsche warranty.

If all that checks out, would you be content with the official Porsche warranty or would you get an independent PPI carried out by a reputable person aswell,?

Thanks

I would always get a PPI done by a decent local indie on these cars. In this case it'll give you a list of things you could get done for free under the warranty.

Yep I'd always advocate getting a PPI. Things can get expensive quick on any 911 so it's always important to have as much information as possible.. car id 14 years old and will definitely need some bits doing

As an alternative to what the guys have already said and more for info than suggesting otherwise..

When I was looking for my then next Porsche I asked the owner ( a real genuine chap) to it put through a 111point check at the local OPC, which I paid for, in reality not expecting it to pass as it had just over 100k on the clock but had the benefit of a replacement engine a few years back, it was a 997.2 GTS....
The owner had updated the head unit to some sort of Apple Play kit and the cost quoted to return that to Porsche kit was a smidge over £5k... not that I would have done that, but from there the list went on just a bit to far, so I bailed out of that one and went for a newer car with hopefully less risk and bought a then 9 year old 991.

hope it all goes as well as you would wish...

PPI 100% Yes

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geoff993
Back