Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tiptronic paddles

Jason Taylor

Montreal
I'm wondering if there Is a recognised paddle shift conversion for the 997 multi function tiptronic steering wheel, I find the Oem shift buttons are very uninspiring and feel the driving experience would be enhanced with paddles mounted behind the wheel. I've seen the 991 steering wheel mod but to be honest I'm looking to avoid the cost of a full replacement if possible.

There is a 996 conversion here .. no idea if it works on a 997 but it gives you something to read and digest ... http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=97582

A paddle based steering wheel is the easier option though as far as i'm aware .

deMort said:
There is a 996 conversion here .. no idea if it works on a 997 but it gives you something to read and digest ... http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=97582

A paddle based steering wheel is the easier option though as far as i'm aware .

Just had a read through, that's pretty much what I was thinking of, the only issue is I don't have the. talent or confidence to do the conversion myself 😂, I tried the links someone had put up to 9 edition but they don't seem to be working. Anyone aware of a company who can carry out this conversion?

I can't believe this post is so quiet. I thought it would be a popular conversion that a lot of people would have done or know of a place where it can be done. Did you find out anything new?

Welsh911coupe said:
I can't believe this post is so quiet. I thought it would be a popular conversion that a lot of people would have done or know of a place where it can be done. Did you find out anything new?

I opted for the 991.2 steering wheel which I'm having fitted and coded on Wednesday, I'll put some pics on when it's done 👍

For PDK owners there's a TechArt solution but it seems very expensive for what is basically two paddles

https://www.design911shop.com/TechA...k6j3kUipOSQuAahoHWLP-esnlb1JU0QxoCQ3AQAvD_BwE

I would love a solution for my PDK car that didn't require a complete wheel switch over and all the associated wiring link ups. I've no real need for any volume controls or other fancy things on the steering wheel just some nice paddles rather than the terrible design ones fitted.

Jason Taylor said:
Welsh911coupe said:

I opted for the 991.2 steering wheel which I'm having fitted and coded on Wednesday, I'll put some pics on when it's done 👍

I'm looking forward to seeing how this works out for you.

Welsh911coupe said:
Any news Jason? How did it go?
Apologies, I thought I'd updated the thread. So the wheel was fitted and the paddles and horn work but frustratingly the buttons aren't being seen by the head unit (old steering wheel worked fine with the exception of phone buttons) so it looks like I'm going to need another unit to get it all talking to each other. The look and feel is a big improvement and the driver involvement is improved no end. So far I'm pretty happy with the results, I'll take some advice on the steering wheel buttons and figure out a way forward and update as I go.

Attachments

• a515df0a_cd2f_4dd4_b736_ee9305616890_186.jpeg
    a515df0a_cd2f_4dd4_b736_ee9305616890_186.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 1,483
Welsh911coupe said:
Any news Jason? How did it go?
Apologies, I thought I'd updated the thread. So the wheel was fitted and the paddles and horn work but frustratingly the buttons aren't being seen by the head unit (old steering wheel worked fine with the exception of phone buttons) so it looks like I'm going to need another unit to get it all talking to each other. The look and feel is a big improvement and the driver involvement is improved no end. So far I'm pretty happy with the results, I'll take some advice on the steering wheel buttons and figure out a way forward and update as I go.

Attachments

• a515df0a_cd2f_4dd4_b736_ee9305616890_182.jpeg
    a515df0a_cd2f_4dd4_b736_ee9305616890_182.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 1,482
This is maybe a better pic

Attachments

• 4f8af81f_d395_4096_895a_a05e2315dbe7_414.jpeg
    4f8af81f_d395_4096_895a_a05e2315dbe7_414.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1,477
Hello, on phase 1 from memory you need an adapter, and not I think on phase 2

New Threads

Forum statistics