Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

There are so many 993 Targa owners here !

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Stuart Patterson on 19 July 2005

Sundeep - get a strut brace!
really !

anything else ?

:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31504

Yet another one......

96/P Targa tip

Ocean blue/classic grey

N London

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31518

I bought a '96/N 993 Targa a few weeks ago, sourced for me by Adrian Crawford, my first Porsche, it's a beaut, Polar Silver/Midnight Blue, Tip S, RHD. Thank's Adrian! Photos to follow. Does that make eleven of us?

Pete M (North Wilts.)

p.s. this is my first post.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31542

Welcome Pete, another man of impeccable taste...

I don't suppose there were that many imported... anyone know where to get hold of the figures? It is the rarest derivative, except for the RS, GT2.

Robert

'96N Targa 6sp. Arena red.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31546

Well done Pete. Hope all is well.

I think we are up to 17 now if the posts above are anything to go by!

Robert- Good idea.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31590

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 18 July 2005

18's are fine.... there are hundreds of owners who have them.. it was the cars till 95 that needed he steering race brace to allow for 18's....

although I didn't this time I may be up to 18's alloys when all 4 tyres need changing next !
I think Porsche did not recommend 18" for the Targa because they stiffen up the ride and they were concerned that because this causes slightly more body flex it would effect the long term operation of the targa roof.

Ian.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31627

I have 18" wheels on my Targa, with Dunlop tyres and pagid blue pads....yellows to come, I just luv the dunlops, I had Conti N2 would never use them again they move around two much for my liking

Even though the dunlops are a track/road tyre they perform much better than conti even in the wet.

How many Targa owners do track days??.

Alex

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31642

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Algray on 22 July 2005

How many Targa owners do track days??.Alex
do I ever ! but no where near enough !

how have you found the pagid blue's..... verses OEM porsche.. i.e. life, noise, dust, track performance, etc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31643

993 Targas still look good after 10 years

Dont know if we will be saying that about the 996's

Long live the 993!!!!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31653

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by ian_uk on 22 July 2005

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 18 July 2005

18's are fine.... there are hundreds of owners who have them.. it was the cars till 95 that needed he steering race brace to allow for 18's....

although I didn't this time I may be up to 18's alloys when all 4 tyres need changing next !
I think Porsche did not recommend 18" for the Targa because they stiffen up the ride and they were concerned that because this causes slightly more body flex it would effect the long term operation of the targa roof.

yes, I think that I've seen that posted on other forums, unsure if 18's were actually an option on the order form for new 993 Targa's....

but has anyone actually got a copy of the OEM options order form for the 993 back in those days ?

as I think all I am aware of owners with 18's have added them at later points.. but who is to say that the effects of slightly lower profile tyres verses verses fitting harder suspension (sportier) are one of the same.?? as post my MO30 shocks the ride is much more firm !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31658

Sundeep,

Pagid blue's are very kind on disks, they are no more dusty that OEM pads, and the life of Pagids Blue are longer than OEM Iam told, so far with couple track days there is still a lot of meat on the pads and the discs are still in very good condition(no lips forming). At low speed there is some squeel braking(around town)but disapears with hard breaking.

The biting point IMO takes some getting use to, one as to learn to press the brakes gently. Thats the reason I went for Pagid Blue rather than the yellows, after getting some good advice from "performance Braking" they said if you have never used any of Pagid performance pads blue is a very good level to start at(entry level).

Some people say that OEMs pads are fine yes they are but Pagid Blue are better IMO they work very well lap after lap...I'm still a newbie to track days and I havent experience any brake fade or excessive wear rate on discs or pads, newbies tend use excessive braking:)

I bought the Pagid Blue's and castrol SRF from Performance Braking(very good people to talk to even if you are not buying)

Alex

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31659

Alex

what about the issue of these kelvar based pads taking time to warm up.. so on a cold day how well do your brakes work at low speeds ?

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31670

Sundeep,
I do not suffer any of the issues at cold with pagid blues. I would not use pads that do not work very well at cold unless I was going to change them over at the track and then change them back when I'm going back home(not hard to do).

Below shows the spec. of the pagid blue.

Information:
This is one of the most popular Pagid materials. The carbon based Blue or RS4-2 gives a good low temperature response, is very stable and has good temperature modulatilon & feel. RS4-2 has a medium co-efficientof friction for good pad and disc life and is suitable for many applications, especially gravel rally and wet tarmac where excellent control is needed. Maybe a good choice for a less aggressive track day pad compared to orange.

# Friction co-efficient cold = 0.40
# Friction co-eff at 100C = 0.42
# Friction co-eff at 300C = 0.43
# Constant working temperature = 350 - 600C
# Maximum temperature (for short period only) = 650C

Alex

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31776

Previous poster said:
cheers Alex..

I have just heard a lot about having to 'stamp' on the pedal in the 1st instance to get any heat in the brakes so that they work... although I suspect that is those racers with the Pagid yellow's et al...(?)

but you have convinced me... when I am up to change next.. the blues it is..

Quote: Originally posted by Algray on 25 July 2005

unless I was going to change them over at the track and then change them back when I'm going back home(not hard to do).
"not hard to do"..... I think you over estimate our abilities ! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31778

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back