Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Strange running issue 997.2 any ideas

Phil 997 said:
FRZ 911 said:
Phil, you're definitely having no luck at all. Hopefully this will be the last issue for a while and you can get back to enjoying the car. All the best fella.

Thanks Frank , me too . I can see the bill for this year another few grand taking to over 10k this year which is a bit dishartening after all the singing of how good these cars are lol. but on a positive note if they can sort it without to much extra cost my ave during 911 ownership excluding mods will still only under £2500 pa as an ave. its just one of those ave where there was not much in the first few years with the gen1 and a big hit all together with the gen2 so fingers crossed after this episode it will be trouble free for a couple of years bringing my ave back down to 2k pa. which to be honest isnt bad for driving a car like the 911 . if you count the 3k profit I made selling the gen1 actually my ave is still around 2k PA .thats my man maths equation but doesnt stop my bank manager frowning at me this year :grin: :grin: :grin:

Phil feel for you, you not having good luck at all :nooo:

spongebob squarepants said:
Phil 997 said:
FRZ 911 said:
Phil, you're definitely having no luck at all. Hopefully this will be the last issue for a while and you can get back to enjoying the car. All the best fella.

Thanks Frank , me too . I can see the bill for this year another few grand taking to over 10k this year which is a bit dishartening after all the singing of how good these cars are lol. but on a positive note if they can sort it without to much extra cost my ave during 911 ownership excluding mods will still only under £2500 pa as an ave. its just one of those ave where there was not much in the first few years with the gen1 and a big hit all together with the gen2 so fingers crossed after this episode it will be trouble free for a couple of years bringing my ave back down to 2k pa. which to be honest isnt bad for driving a car like the 911 . if you count the 3k profit I made selling the gen1 actually my ave is still around 2k PA .thats my man maths equation but doesnt stop my bank manager frowning at me this year :grin: :grin: :grin:

Phil feel for you, you not having good luck at all :nooo:

thanks mate, :thumb: :thumb:

Phil, considering you had such a good run with your last 997, it seems like you've got the short end of the stick. Wishing you a speedy resolution, perhaps logging a call with the guys that had it last to see what they might be able to shine a light on? Just a thought. Good luck mate :thumb:

FZP said:
Phil, considering you had such a good run with your last 997, it seems like you've got the short end of the stick. Wishing you a speedy resolution, perhaps logging a call with the guys that had it last to see what they might be able to shine a light on? Just a thought. Good luck mate :thumb:

I dont think they can help anymore than the OPC mate , Its had so much done to it and I dont drive it like miss daisy lol its does a min 12pa and is driven spiritedly after warming up. so things are going to go ping from time to time.and if the previos owners were lucky and had no big bills like I was with the gen1 then someone at some points going to get some bills . :thumb: just seems like lots of the guys down this way are having a run of issues at the moment, we joked the other day saying we couldnt put together one decent 911 between the lot of us at the moment :floor: :floor:

Im sorry young man .. i have a good idea whats probably going on and it makes sense to me why it was better after the valve change now .

A strip will confirm and ill not go into what i think here but you are welcome to phone me if you want a chat as always .. ill be in all weekend if you want to .

Well .. not sat morning .. haveing a look at a problem on James 996 but sat afternoon onwards .

It probably doesnt help but this is pretty much a one off .. depending on what they find .

deMort said:
Im sorry young man .. i have a good idea whats probably going on and it makes sense to me why it was better after the valve change now .

A strip will confirm and ill not go into what i think here but you are welcome to phone me if you want a chat as always .. ill be in all weekend if you want to .

Well .. not sat morning .. haveing a look at a problem on James 996 but sat afternoon onwards .

It probably doesnt help but this is pretty much a one off .. depending on what they find .

Thanks Iain, I will keep you posted on what they find when its opened up. :thumb: :thumb:

taffybloke said:
What a pain. Hope you get it sorted soon Phil.

Mike

thanks Mike me too mate. :thumb:

Sorry to read this Phil, good luck with the investigations and wishing you a speedy and not too costly fix!

Monkeynutz said:
Sorry to read this Phil, good luck with the investigations and wishing you a speedy and not too costly fix!

thanks Mn :thumb: :thumb:

Sorry to read this mate. :(

Just seen this Phil. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Hope it can get sorted. Keeping everything crossed.

mangobay said:
Just seen this Phil. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Hope it can get sorted. Keeping everything crossed.

Thanks Omar , I have done a new thread so progress can be followed . :thumb:

Sorry to hear of your woes Phil, nothing more annoying than hard to diagnose fault! Do you still have fabspeed air intake on? I used to get all sorts of odd fault codes when I had the Agency Power kit on mine!
Hope you get it sorted without too much pain!!

Its not really going to help James much but the Porsche blurb for a misfire ..

Attachments

• mis2_1_424.jpg
    mis2_1_424.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 1,580
  • mis2_1_424.jpg
    mis2_1_424.jpg
  • mis2_1_424.jpg
    mis2_1_424.jpg
  • mis1_1_661.jpg
    mis1_1_661.jpg